New Mexico Unit 10 Youth

brorblixen

My boy is holding me to my promise. He has a his first deer tag in 10 and wants to go. Problem is, I'm burned out this fall, never been to the area, and I'm hearing poor reports on the deer herd.
Can anyone give me reasons to be more optimistic and man up and spend Thanksgiving in 10?
Thanks,
Blixen

brorblixen.. I had my hunt there last month and it was the worst ever, no tracks, droppings or sign of any kind in 4 1/2 days of hunting/hiking never even heard a shot and saw only one doe. There was'nt even any tracks deer or elk at any waterholes and we checked them all...Strange..

Everyone we talked to had the same reports ZERO.. don't have a clue what happened to that deer herd but it is pathetic. if you do go buy a small game tag and take a 22 rifle cause there are a ton of tassle eared squirrels!! great experience for a young hunter.

Good luck!!!

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

I saw a few bucks in there last year. One mature buck and a couple of forkies. The fact that the rut is close should get some bigger bucks moving around. I'll pm you with some areas.

ID GO JUST TO SPEND TIME WITH YOUR SON YOU NEVER NO WHEN THE BIG ONE WILL SHOW HIMSELF AND YOUR SON WILL NEVER FORGET HIS DAD TAKING HIM HUNTING

get after it. I have never been on a bad youth hunt in NM.

Dont know a thing about unit 10, but, cold weather means bucks are out a lot longer during the day.
Find him a buck.

Are you burned out from your own hunts?? If so, then that shouldn't even be taken into consideration when you are thinking about your sons hunt.

In fact, you should have been building to this hunt all season.
Get out there and enjoy the time with your son because it isn't all about the kill. It's about the stories that you will both share from the hunt.

Reason #1 to be optimistic about this hunt: You get to hunt with your son.

Reason #2 is that it is a big buck unit with great hunts dates with your son.

Reason #3, you get to hunt with your son.

Get out and enjoy a deer hunt with you son, you won't regret it.

www.streamflies.com

wow hard to believe a dad would not want to get his son out.I have been to 10 this year and there are plenty of deer there.Get out and enjoy the outdoors there not young forever.You do realize there are thousands of dads who would have killed for that tag so they could take there kid out.

Have you heard that song she thinks we are just fishing? I don't know who sings it. But it will make sense to you when you hear it. I took my daughter on my deer hunt this past weekend and watching her smile while out looking for deer made the whole hunt worth it. When kids hit their teens they want nothing to do with their parents. It isn't a burden to take your son its a blessing he wants to spend time with pops! Like was said before its not about the kill its time spent with your boy!

never have been to 10 before but i went to a unit ive never heard of this year and pulled out 4 bucks in one day check out my post "2011 deer hunt success" we hit it hard thats all i can say dnt give up as long as you hit hard you have nothing to look back on but memories with your boy.

beats being home anyday!!

even a armed camping trip is better then sitting home.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom