new mexico unit 45 help?/

what hunt do you have?
check out the burn area in valle del la osha and the one in the wilderness just beyond the jacks creek campground, hamilton mesa, grass mountain and Davis Willow area.
hope this gives you some ideas. send pics

Hunt Hard
Live Free
RIP

My brother and I drew a unit 45 3rd season tag in early November. Applied here because Colorado is a zoo. Hopefully New Mexico is better. I've never hunted it either but there has to be more deer here than all the general Colorado units I hunt.

are you planning to go into the wilderness? you could make a short day trip into the wilderness and check out the burn by Jacks creek, Doc Wieler area. the Grass Mountain and Hamilton mesa. Davis Willow leads to Elk mountain and there are lots of places through there but lots of traffic also.

Hunt Hard
Live Free
RIP

So lots of atv & utv traffic for the bow hunts since the start of the season. It's been pretty hammered with traffic.

Hunt Hard
Live Free
RIP

That's not what I want to hear. Are the forest service roads good enough shape to get an SUV where all the 4 wheelers go so that we can walk from there?

I'm wondering if we should go in on the east side of the mountain range by Rociada???

Yes the roads are good enough for an SUV
There is still deer here people road hunt all the time and still tag out but just letting you know that the traffic has been pretty busy these past few years
With that said no one wants to walk anymore so if you get back alittle you should be able to find a buck.

Hunt Hard
Live Free
RIP

I just got back from hunting unit 45 around the Jack's Creek area and only saw one 2 point buck all season. Was really disappointed. Neat area, just no deer. Where did you end up getting your bucks at?

64793kmuly.jpg

Very nice!! Congratulations to you both

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

anyone here willing to help a newbie mule deer hunter out with info about new mexico unit 45? thanks in advance
Hey Rick I found out that I drew a Muley tag in 45 during Nov.7-11. I've never hunted this area. Can you give me a few pointers on where I might start to get on some deer?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom