New Muley form

Tristate

Long Time Member
I have been working on forms of my own here at Tri-State for several years now and I think I am actually starting to get some that I really like. Here is a new wall pedestal left turn muley form exclusive to us. Good luck this year. Hope yall find the ones yall want.

MuleyWallPedJpeg.jpg

I am a big fan of doing things different and even though something about that form isn't perfect for me (not sure what it is, maybe too long down the back)?? It is awesome to see you doing things different. I like it quite a bit though, you did a great job.

Everybody likes something different and I do appreciate the effort but to me that muley looks related to a giraffe. To me it doesn't look natural of any mule deer I've seen.

I think the work looks great as always but I’m with Cornhusker on this one, the slope on the back looks unnatural to me. Kind of a ‘squatting to pee’ pose.

Very nice--especially for a buck that was headed up and away. How would it look if the back were a bit more horizontal, and the head pulled back slightly less? That would provide a similar side-profile while making him appear slightly less alert.

I love it, looks like he is climbing a steep hill to me. Thats what I see, I hate sneek forms, and prefer taller forms especially if the buck has tall antlers. I have actually tried to describe this exact form to my taxidermist, but I don't think I could ever get my vision across.

Would you be willing to sell a form @Tristate?

Thank yall for all the feedback. It will help shape future projects.

The intent of the pose was to create movement. One of the problems I have with shoulder mounts is they all look like the extent of the animal's movement is restricted to anything on the head and neck. I am trying to create poses which make the viewer's subconscious remember actions that they have seen the animal do in nature even though the entire animal or the scene are not located in the room.

For this one I wanted to achieve the look as though a deer has been spooked up hill and has stopped right before going over to look back.

Maybe this was achieved and maybe it wasn't.

I will post some more pics soon. Please feel free to criticize them constructively, positive or negative. Your opinion does matter to me.

Much Thanks,

Ben

I like it. I see others on this site who take muleys on flat ground. That muley looks like the ones I see in the wild (except it needs to be a two point or doe). For those of us who hunt in rough terrain, it looks like it’s going up the hill and away, just like muleys always do. Right shoulder is shown uphill. Left shoulder is shown downhill. Maybe for those who hunt farms and flat ground it looks unusual.
I say nice mount!
Soup

I really like wall and table pedestal mounts. They give a lot of life to a mount rather than just a mount on a wall.

I was a little confused when I first looked at the mount. It sounds like I'm not the only one? I understand what you are trying to convey but it looks somewhat awkward and confusing until I looked at the mount for a while and figured out the pose.

One thing that I really think would improve the appearance....and prevent the confusion would be to add the buck's entire sternum and add a little more body behind the buck's left leg. Then slightly curve the right side of the form on his body in an S-form similar to many pedestal forms. I really think this would give the cut out area on the bucks body a better flow. Currently it's almost a straight line from the top of his body to his left leg which looks a little awkward. Boy, with a couple slight modifications I think it would look even better than it already does!

Hopefully my explanation isn't too confusing.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom