New rule

PSEbackcountry

Just wondering how do you folks think the rule that the UT legislature past regarding youth putting in for LE and OIL hunts. How do you think it'll affect tags an odds?

Of course it will affect odds for the random pool and those just entering the bonus system but there's nothing wrong with the youth having the chance to apply.

I don't have any kids young enough but my grand kids are getting closer!

Zeke

Bottom line,
It will not have any effect on bonus permit pools.

But, it will make the random draw odds longer.

There will definitely be some lucky 12 and 13 year olds
draw a few great tags this year............

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

I like the new rule. If they can hunt at age 12 the general units, why not LE and OIL units? I have a 12 year old and an 11 year old. The 11 wont be able to hunt this year, but my 12 year old did this year. Now he can apply for elk and draw before elkassassin. Sorry Elk, but someone has to draw.

>I like the new rule.
>If they can hunt at
>age 12 the general units,
>why not LE and OIL
>units? I have a
>12 year old and an
>11 year old. The
>11 wont be able to
>hunt this year, but my
>12 year old did this
>year. Now he can
>apply for elk and draw
>before elkassassin. Sorry Elk,
>but someone has to draw.
>

PRICK!!!

:D:D:D!

[font color="blue"]It Was them Damn Lake Trout that took them Elk
out!:D[/font]

The bonus point pools for these 12-13 year olds won't even matter unless they are learning to bow hunt.

Combine this rule with the mentor rule and the trial rule and we'll keep seeing a rise in the number of applications trying to recruit youth into the sport. Of course it will change the odds and make it harder to draw tags, especially for trophy hunts.

>The bonus point pools for these
>12-13 year olds won't even
>matter unless they are learning
>to bow hunt.

I disagree. Those youngsters will out-live many of those in higher points pools. Of course a bow hunt will hasten their drawing because of the odds.

Note to all dads:
make damn sure your kids apply every single year to keep up with their points group. They'll draw tags when other less-dedicated folks will not!

I've got kids who have and will draw tags and they started very late in the process. (they're adults now and will better appreciate the tag, hunt and trophy than they would have otherwise)

Zeke

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom