New to board

MrLykens

Hello,

First post on the board! Looks like a friendly place.

I'm looking for a hunting partner or if someone would point me in a good direction, i'd truly appreciate it. Maybe a good local club to join?

I've been asking around but have no takers. I'm new to the sport, so this I feel, is my obstacle. I understand the hesitation, it's like inviting a new friend to Christmas dinner.

I'm just looking for a chance to learn.

Thank you for your time.
Mark

Welcome to the board, it sounds like you might be new to our state as well. What exactly are you looking for help with? There are a lot of great people here that are very helpful but we need to know more specifically what you are looking for. Are you into rifle, muzzle loader, or archery? What animals do you want to pursue? Give us some more info and you will get a lot of responses.

Thank you.

I currently own rifles but just purchased a bow (no experience with it). I'm interested in all types of game. Waterfowl, upland and big to small game. I currently own 22's, 223, 308, 30-06, 410 and a 12. Just came back from the range today :)

I'd be willing to just tag along if need be, the first few times to get the experience. I'd help with the processing of game and so on. I've skinned out pigs and sheep years ago, so it's not all that unfamiliar.

I have done some dove hunting but that was years ago, while in the service in AZ.

I don't mind getting dirty and enjoy fishing and camping. I have, I believe most of my gear. If not, I'll will purchase it.

Mark

How old are you and how would you describe your physical abilities ? just curious cause that will come up . People are very helpful hear but they want someone who can keep up and help as well

Hello Mark! I live in Paradise Hills as well and would be happy to help you as much as possible. We can definitely chase coyotes and quail for now and I can give advice on the applications. Feel free to PM me and i'll send you my number.

Happy New Years,
Larry

I'm 42 and would say in decent shape. I hiked Tres Pistolas spring trail 5.31 miles with a backpack, food, water and clothes. 3 weeks ago without issue.

Welcome to the site Amigo!
First off are you ex military? If so I think I speak for everyone here Thank You for your service!

I'm a NR but I will tell you this there are a great bunch of guys on here. I received so much help when I drew tags in NM from everyone here. You can definitely learn a lot from these guys.
Good luck!

Your Amigo
Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

>I'm 42 and would say in
>decent shape. I hiked Tres
>Pistolas spring trail 5.31 miles
>with a backpack, food, water
>and clothes. 3 weeks ago
>without issue.

im 30 live very near you in ventana ranch anything i can do to help let me know PS i like to drink beer

Welcome,do you have a particular part of the state that you want to hunt? I ask because I am down south and need a partner. My last partner moved to Texas so now I don't apply with him. PM sent.
Mike

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom