New to Cali

L

love2hunt16

I just recently moved to cali from Utah and will be looking for areas to hunt this fall. Could anyone pm me and maybe give me a direction where to go? I live in sacramento. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Love2hunt. Welcome!!

I'm up in the Mts about 3 hrs north of you. I hunt the C zones mostly cause a guy can usually draw that tag with his second choice. C-1,2,3,4, different zones but a "C" tag allows you to hunt any and all of them. Mostly Blacktail and Blacktail cross deer in this zone. Toad bucks are very hard to expect but there's a few around. A mature 3X3 or 4X4 with a 18-22" spread is considered a Dandy. I don't know that i'd recommend this area being you're down in Sac but some people like it, decent fishing, lots of public land, and there's some pretty good bow hunting can be had right here in timber country, my home town of Chester, Ca.

Good luck and if i can be of help, feel free to pm me, i'll see what i can do.

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Feb-23-09 AT 01:10PM (MST)[p]Grab a D3-5 Tag. It's right out your backdoor in the Sierra. Put in for one of the easier to draw X Zones then D3-5 as your second choice. Look at the kill sheets, a lot of bucks come out of D3-5.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom