New To Nevada

COBOHNTR09

Hello all,

Just curious to know what the average length of time is to draw a Archery Elk tag? I grew up in AZ and know the waiting game there, have hunted here in CO. which tags are over the counter. Now I'll be moving to Nevada and was wondering how tough the draw is??

COBOHNTR09

Here's a link to NDOW's stat page. They have good info.
http://www.ndow.org/hunt/resources/odds/#elk

This site also has draw odds, not sure how accurate they are.

I'd guess for archery, depending on the unit, you'll be several years at least. It all depends, you may get it first time. I have 8 points and have been putting in for archery elk only for the last 3 years, still no tag.

Well it took me 6 years. It took my boss 20 years. And I know a guy who got it with 1 point. So it's hard to say. I would just shoot for 8 and hope you get lucky.

("For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9")

I have eight points and no tag yet I only put in for archery. One of my friends dads drew his third bull tag this year he drew his first one in 1985. It just really depends on the units you put in for.

The great thing about NV is you can draw with any amount points. The bad thing about NV is everyone else can draw ahead of you with any amount of points. You get the square of the number of points plus one chances to draw a low random number. If you have zero points and draw number one, you're in. If you have ten points and draw 101 high numbers, you get nothing, but you had a better chance for a lower number than the guys with zero points. I think it's the best draw system going. You always have a chance to draw and the longer you are unsuccessful the greater the chance of getting a low number. There are very few elk tags in NV and that makes it tough to draw for everyone. Took me nine years to draw a rifle elk tag. Just keep applying in NV and drive over to CO while you're playing the waiting game.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom