New to Utah

hanes

Hello I just moved a to Brigham City from SE Idaho. I am wanting to get out and hunt some dogs and look at some areas for future big game hunting. Wondering if there are some good free maps I can access for public vs private property.

+1 for hitting a Utah Idaho map store. That is where we started on our last hunt as well. I know there are some paid ones, but not sure if they are worth the money.

I hopr you bought a lifetimee hunting license before you moved? Lots of people hunting yotes for the bounty. Good luck.

Thanks guys I will try that. I did make sure to get my lifetime before I moved as well. I know how tough it is to find places that are not called heavily and that is why I did not ask for any locations. Any other tips/suggestions are always appreciated.

I'd recommend taking a trip to the BLM or DWR office and spend a few dollars on the BLM maps which show landownership. A more expensive, but very effective option, is to have maps w/ land ownerhship on a GPS, either way it might save you serious headaches w/ land owners in the future.

Once again thanks. I am looking at getting a gps but have no experiences with them so with regard to that option can you look at those maps on your computer or just on the gps device.

I am a techno idiot so I may be off here, but I think the mapping programs for a gps device are different from the computer. If so, there are several free mapping programs such as google earth or geocommunicator that can get you good computer maps. At least that is what I use and they work well for me.
My son has great maps for in the field on his smart phone. You may want to look into that option as well.
At any rate welcome to Utah!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom