newbie with broadhead question

JohnSWA

You guys have given some awesome advice in the past and now I have another question!

I put my new broadheads on a couple arrows for practice and I'm curious if there's a certain way to install the broadhead. They're Stealforce Sabertooths and there is a rubber band on the bottom. I cut the rubber band tightening my first broadhead and then I tried to keep the BH just snug and not cut the second rubber band on the second BH. Now the rubber band is folded over the BH, but not completely. Is there a certain way to deal with the rubber band? It's not affecting my accuracy at all, I'm just a little confused!

Thanks in advance for helping out a newbie!

The rubber band is to be removed before installation. It is only used to keep the little washer on the back of the broadhead.

JohnSWA,
I meant to reply the first time you posted. Send me your address @ [email protected] and I'll send you a free pack of Rocky Mountain Snypers. I'm one of the guys that designed and developed the Snyper. We initially tested the Snyper on ferral hogs with excellent results. The cut-on-contact tip as well as the swept back main blade angle allows for excellent penetration. Unlike all other mechanicals, the main blades cam open rewardly preventing pole vaulting and are fully open before it enters the body cavity providing an excellent entry wound. The way in which the main blades are supported make it one of the most robust mechanical available today. Also, they fly like field points out to any distance your capable of shooting. The Steel Force broadheads you decided to go with are excellent heads and will work fine. Getting any broadhead to fly right and hit it's target at all distances your capable of is (in my opinion) one of the most important things a bow hunter can do. I personally always had trouble getting fixed broadheads to fly the same as my field points. I went through great lengths to tune my bow and improve my form but still had problems. The first time I saw a mechanical I thought they were a great idea but said that they were designed backwards. It wasn't until a few years later that a friend and I started to develop the Snyper intitally called the "X-Blade". Almost any broadhead that hits the vitals is going to put down your game. Getting it to it's target with confidence is what I wanted in a broadhead. The worst thing for me to deal with when I first started hunting was that I never knew where my broadheads were going to hit. This realy plays on your mind. With the Snyper I never have to worry about this again and have been more successful as a result.

Drop me a line,
Carl

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom