Nikon Monarch Scope

upmuley

What are your thoughts on this scope? I have a couple Zeiss and one Leupold but am looking for something on a 204 Ruger that I won at a banquet. I can buy the Nikon wholesale so I can get them fairly reasonable.

What are your thoughts on the quality of these?

Don't have one but from what I have read, they are good scopes, so buy one if that is what you want for that new rifle.

Brian

buy the Nikon Monarch, you will not regret it. I have used them for over 20 years and it is a best buy for the dollar.

RELH

I put a 6X---42mm on my Tikka for elk season this year. It's brite & clear----I like it better than the Leupold VXII 3x9--40mm that I took off that gun.

worked great @ 7AM with a nice fat cow this year. CB

Coloradobob;

Years ago "Gun test magazine" did a comparsion test on scopes. they rated the Nikon Monarch better then the leupold VXII and close to the German scopes Zeiss and Swaro in some items.
I have never seen a comparsion with the Leupold VXIII, but even if it is slightly less in comparsion, look at the difference in dollars when comparing the Nikon to the VXIII or the German models. Like I said, best bang for the buck with the Nikon Monarch.
If you bought the Nikon 3X9 with duplex wires, sight the scope 3 inches high at 100 yards and you have a point blank range of 325 yards on any deer or antelope. At 9 power you then can use the junction of the thick wire meeting the thin wire as a 400 yard zero on most calibers that have a 3000-3100 fps muzzle velocity. I also use that thin-thick wire junction and the cross hairs junction, at 9 power, as a range finder on muleys. Put the cross on his back and if the thick-thin wire junction hits the bottom of the brisket, he is at 400 yards and you use the thin -thick wire junction as your aiming point. Gives you very fast range finding out to 400 yards for a quick shot.

RELH

basically it's called a 30/30 reticle same as the full duplex reticle which has been around for years. just that someone figured out how to use it for ranging game. and decided to call it the 30/30 reticle.

I have one on a 270 weatherby. The only beef I have is they are a short scope. I had to have a set off set rings to mount it and have ANY adjustment in the placement of the scope. Ron

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom