Nikon scopes and binos

scpaisley

Seeing as I can't afford the Swarovski optics at all I've been looking at what I can afford but I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with the products.

For a scope I've been looking at the Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 with the BDC reticule and the Nikon ProStaff 4-12x40 with the BDC reticule. Kind of batting around the Monarch 4-16x42 with the BDC as well but its on the fringe of what I can spend now. It will end up on my 300 RUM.

As for binos, I'm pretty much looking at just the Nikon Trailblazer ATB 10x42.

Any info would be great, thanks.

"Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints"

I don't know about the scope, but I would definitely not get the trailblazer binoculars, I had them and they felt cheap and like they would easily break. I took them back and got a pair of Bushnell Trophy XLT. They don't get the best reviews, but I have never had a problem with mine, and for the money the glass can not be beat. I know that it sounds bass ackwards to put Bushnell before Nikon, but that is just my opinion for those two binoculars.

i just got a nikon prostaff 3x9 with the bdc, and am very impressed with it so far. its nice and clear and seems very well built. this is the first nikon scope i have bought, and for the money i dont know if you can beat them

I don't have experience with Nikone trailblazer ATB. But I have tried the Monarch ATB and wasn't impressed. Both Vortex and Zen-Ray have better binoculars for less money.

Any particular model of Vortex bino you would recommend? Thanks for the help.

I did order the Nikon Monarch 4-16x42 scope with the BDC reticule, I like the Buckmaster one I have on one of my rifles now and the BDC really sold it for me.

"Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints"

Check out Redfield (made by leupold) I have 2 of the 3x9 scopes
they are clear as any glass out there IMO. They also have binos.
I have a pair of 10x42 nikon monarchs they are great. Also got a great deal on a vortex skyline spotter 20x80 its alittle big, but works great.

I have many of the Monarch scopes and I love them . I would highly recommend them. They are worth the extra money. As far as getting what you pay for I dont think you can beat the Nikon scopes. Their warranty is second to none. I dont like the BDC reticle. I purchase after market turetts set up for my guns and have great luck with them.

Notags2, what turret manufacturer do you use on your monarchs? I just picked up a 5-20x44 and am looking at the custom Nikon turrets or the kenton industries ones.

Redfield came out with a line made by Leuopold. They are very nice. I just bought the Redfield Rampage and they are phenominal. For the price they feel good, are rubber armored, and great glass. They have scopes, spotters , and bino's.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom