NM Antelope Charge

huntscout

$270 hit this morning on the CC.... Applications in 10 states and finally drew a tag. This will make waiting on results in WY and AZ much easier... Good luck to everyone else...

Congrats huntscout , I've gotten hit for elk and sent in money orders for everything else , so will have to wait for the list to see how I did as far as deer and antelope go...

Got charged for an archery antelope tag which is going to make it difficult to harvest the new world record goat I found this weekend. I'm glad to get the opportunity since I haven't been antelope hunting before (and the goat I found is a heavy 19" incher).

Looks like another "unsuccessful" year. Don't know if I'll ever draw a speed goat tag in NM. Oh Well, I did draw a good mulie tag in Colorado.

Phantom Hunter

My son or I drew Bighorn sheep in NM...hit the credit card...we don't which one...What a problem!!!!

I spend alot of time at my taxidermist's and have plenty of experience on antelope horn length (as well as deer spread, elk score, etc.) to answer that question regarding field judging. I'll try to get some up close pictures come August as I did draw an archery antelope tag.

Dont wait until Aug, 19 in is huge we want pics now!!!

Just kidding.. Keep us in the loop if you get a big one

John

LAST EDITED ON Aug-17-06 AT 01:19PM (MST)[p]Just an update on the big boy... Been seeing him everytime I've gone out. Saturday he was still continuing his bachelor behavior hanging out by himself about 20 yards off the road. Went back yesterday and he had 10 females with him about 200 yards off the road. As soon as they saw my truck they were off to the races! Found out some boys from Texas have found him too, so I'll have some competition as if archery wasn't going to be hard enough. Wish me luck...the hunt starts on Saturday.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom