NM antelope

two7D

8623dsc01272.jpg

3282dsc01277.jpg

Got this antelope at 210 yards with a 130 grain Power Point. He dropped like a wet rag. Not the biggest buck, but I'm happy with him.

Looks like a nice one to me!

I struck out last weekend. Saw 2 bucks on the ranch I was assigned to the entire weekend. Could have shot the smaller one but passed on him. Had one split second chance at the larger one that was probably smaller than the one you shot and couldn't pull it off.

From talking with several folks this seemed like a pretty down year on antelope numbers in several areas. I know a lot of hunters on the ranches around me ate tag soup as well.

Congratulations on a nice animal.

Nathan

We had a warden come check a couple of gut piles for the Barber Pole Worm last weekend. Both bucks had it. Not good, draws them down, eventually die. Sad thing....its in NM and we could see a big problem in the near future. I hope the dept can come up with something quick. Ivermectine works in livestock to kill the worm. Not sure how you'd get the antelope to ingest it.

If you get to hunt the SW area in Oct, please call Darrel Weybright at 505-476-8035 and ask him how you can get samples to a biologist.

http://www.tpwmagazine.com/archive/2010/sep/ed_3/index.phtml

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/01/100109002314.htm

I've got a couple other pdf articles I could e-mail you. If you have any interest, shoot me a PM. Jim

JFRWC, I think you have the roles reversed 'used car salesman for nm wildlife'... Joking. Do you have any pics of antelope that belong to those gut piles?

Sorry, I meant JFWRC not JFRWC or whatever I put. I thought that was funny, but why a used car salesman, elkman? Sounds like he was spreading the word on those parasites or whatever they are?

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom