NM aoudad?

teamhoyt

I am heading to NM feb-mar to hunt aoudad I was hoping to hunt the ruidoso area, is there a good unit where a fellow has a decent chance of seeing sheep on a DIY, public land hunt?

I don't know if there are any in the mountains around Ruidoso. I do know that the Malpais or Valley of Fires held a few, years back. My dad killed one on the Malpais in 1988. I have hunted Lone Mountain, Carizzo Mountain, and Vera Cruze and all the surrounding areas and cant recall coming across any there. It has been quite a few years sense my last hunt in that area. Good luck

That's cool I don,t mind where I go in NM I think there are a buncnh somewhere between there and Roswell but not sure on the public land thing I just don't want to go to Texas!!!!!!!!

>That's cool I don,t mind where
>I go in NM I
>think there are a buncnh
>somewhere between there and Roswell
>but not sure on the
>public land thing I just
>don't want to go to
>Texas!!!!!!!!

Ya I hear ya, you probably know but don't mention Texas to people in those parts. That is a BAD word !!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom