NM Cougar Rule and Antis

JFWRC

Very Active Member
Dear NM MM Members and NM Hunters-

Below you will see a letter from Kerrie Romero who is the Executive Director of the New Mexico Council of Outfitters and Guides appealing for your help. Please read the letter. If there is a time for all of us to put aside our differing opinions about NM Hunting... IT IS NOW and going forward against the anti's. Please unite and show how big of force we can be when we join together. If anyone is compelled to write the Abq Journal a letter....it would be greatly appreciated.

The Anti Hunters are trying to manage game by litigation calling it conservation. If they get their way on their war on the cougar rule, this will only open the door to more of this action to manage New Mexico's game by courts.

Again, please read the letter below and take a moment to write the Governor to offer your support for the game commission and its actions on the Cougar Rule.

Thank you for your time-Jim

Dear Sportsman,

On May 12th the NM State Game Commission voted to uphold the recent expansions to hunt Cougar in NM. Since the meeting many anti-hunters have bombarded the Commission and the Governors officer with THOUSANDS of emails in opposition to the Cougar Rule.

We need to show the Governor that our support for the Cougar Rule, and the Game Commission, is just as strong. Please click HERE, fill out the submission form and let Governor Martinez know that you support the management decisions of the State Game Commission and the NM Dept. of Game and Fish.

Please make this a priority (the anti-hunters certainly do). If you are not sure what to write, below is a template which you can feel free to copy and paste.

Dear Governor Martinez, I would like to express my strong support for the State Game Commission and the NM Dept. of Game and Fish in their stance regarding the Cougar Rule. The Cougar Rule (which governs the next 4 years of cougar hunting in NM) was approved by the Commission in 2015 after 6 months of debate and public comment. This is the same process used to determine hunting regulations for all of NM's big game. Now is the time for us to trust in the Dept.'s ability to manage our wildlife. After 4 years the rule will come open again and that will be the appropriate time to make changes to the regulations based solely on scientific evidence. Please do not let yourself be bullied by emotional individuals who have very little first hand knowledge regarding how best to manage NM's wildlife. Thank you.

Kerrie C. Romero
Executive Director - New Mexico Council of Outfitters and Guides
51 Bogan Rd Stanley, NM 87056
(505) 440-5258 (www.nmoutfitters.com)

Done, do your part on this one guys, the antis are getting load once again on this one. Need to let them hear our voice to.

Sent.
Also to all state rep.'s & my county comish's.
Let your local representatives know how you feel.
Get a tag & fill it.

Even tho I hate New Mexico hunting simply because they pissed on the unguided non residents. I still sent a letter just to have strength against the anti groups. Anyway now we need to write some letters to get rid of the guided draws or make them less percentage the unguided nr.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom