NM draw

I'll have to wait on that one since I sent in a check. I've been charged for elk and deer though.
-Raptor

Phantom Hunter,

I must tell you that you have turned my life upside down!!!

I saw your post this a.m. and decided to check the credit card charges just for kicks. And there is was, a charge for a New Mexico bighorn sheep tag! No, I'm not kidding. Now here is the problem. I used the same credit card for both my wife's application and mine. So there is no way to tell which of us drew. I put her in for a Rocky and I put in for Desert. I now have to wait until Tuesday of next week when the draw results are posted to know which of us drew (talk about driving me nuts!).

Good luck to everyone else in the draw.

Ramdreamer,

Congrats on the tag, whichever one it is. My card got hit for $285, we thoght we only put in for bull tags. Took me a while to find the receipt page for out applications and sure enough we put in for a cow tag second choice. Was really hoping for a bull tag as we had found a couple of good bull hidey holes two years ago. Oh well, fat cow eats even better than bull. Now waiting to see if my daughter and I draw antelope tags. Good luck.

Phantom Hunter

Rocky odds are like 100:1 and desert 500:1, so it is 5X more likely your wife drew, if that helps....Wish I had that problem.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-04 AT 10:33PM (MST)[p]Thats GREAT Ramdreamer!
Hell of a draw! Which ever Bighorn it might be, it will be a great hunt. I got my fingers crossed it's your Desert.
Keep us informed.
High5

Well, kind of seems small alongside Ramdreamer's post, but my available is $196 less than my limit minus what is on my card. That is the price of a nonresident antelope tag.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-04 AT 06:31AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-04 AT 06:30?AM (MST)

Congrats ElmerFudd,

My daughter and I have been trying to draw antelope tags in NM for 4 years, hopefully this is the year. Will check my card again this afternoon.

Phantom Hunter

Thanks High5. This not being sure which of us drew is driving me nuts! As soon as I know I'll make a post.

ElmerFudd - Congrats! Antelope in NM are AWESOME. Drawing ANY premium tag in any state is fantastic.

Thanks, but a bit early. That discrepancy just went away. Perhaps I was an alternate? Anyway, still going antelope hunting as I got a WY 89-1 tag.

RamDreamer...Congratulations!
Was your RMBH app for the Pecos or Wheeler area?
-Raptor

RamDreamer,

Wow, that is great. I bet neither of you will sleep until Tuesday. If it is the desert hunt please feel free to call me. 208.305.4187. I have all my maps, notes from my hunt, and phone numbers and I would love to share that information with you.

ramslam

Brenton,

That is great. I will dig out my file on the Peloncillos. You need to talk to Eric Rominger (Bio). With the transplant of 33 sheep (like 10-12 rams) last October I would think the herd is at about 25-30 rams. You should be able to kill a book ram--with or without an outfitter. I would think about a scouting trip in August/September when the sheep are rutting as that will give you a great look at what sheep are down there. I should also call the ranch that I hunted (Winklers) as Rich Jr. and I became good friends (he is also a teacher and basketball coach).

That is great.

That is great.

THAT IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats.

Glen
[email protected]

Congrats. Your the third person I know to draw a desert ram tag. Knock down a big one ! :)

You will do good with Tyson Hatch as a guide. He knows his stuff when it comes to sheep.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-03-04 AT 00:10AM (MST)[p]Ramdreamer, LIGHTNING has struck, EH! COOL!!!
I think I'll take the credit for you drawing that NM desert tag! Because of my finger crossing, ya! Seriously, I have a taste of what you are experiencing, although not nearly as covated, I drew a Wyoming Rocky area 3 tag this year with less than max points(100:1). I was a mess for at least 3 days. Nothing got done while I hooted, hollered and weighed all options. Make the most of it My friend, ENJOY!!!
PS: You have a bit of catch up to do as I have been in sheep training for 2 weeks now.
High5

High5,

Thanks for crossing those fingers for me! And a BIG congrats on that Area 3 tag in Wyoming. That's a great tag and very tough draw. I guess we're both doing the ram tag cha-cha.

As for the training, at least I've got until November - you're on a shorter leash. I've also got a couple of other hunts this fall that will help prep me for the desert bighorn endeavor.

RamDreamer

Awesome. I am jealous. I tried for that one too. Anyway, the $196 was actually $190 for a deer tag, and $6 for the paper. I got 5A public deer.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom