NM odds are out

WapitiBob- true, but the game commission made a move in the right direction with the up front fee requirement. I doubt we'll see 5600+ NR apps this year at $3172 each..The diehards will still apply, but without a point system I think (and hope) a lot of NRs will drop out.
I did some rough math on the draw odds for sheep, say 1/3 of the NR still apply, and 2/3 of residents still apply, our chances of drawing a sheep tag triple. It's still pretty grim, but it's better than it was.

There are no NR limits on sheep, ibex and oryx because of an old federal court ruling that said NM could not set limits on those species. But, with the federal legislation from a few years ago that says states can control their own hunting without federal interference, the old ruling needs to be challenged so we can set limits.

With the $$ upfront this year on
Sheep, the numbers will go down some
methinks.

How much, is left to be seen.

Larry

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom