NM re-draw

Supposedly they re-drew.... Reason being because they didn't factor in 1st-2nd-3rd choice into the draw. The lowest hunt code was your 1st choice, and so on..... Which makes sense because I would have drawn a 16A first hunt second choice. As I was super suprised to have "drawn" a second choice of that caliber. So here's to waiting till 10 am tomorrow and seeing if I pulled my 16D tag

yeah, it's getting pretty deep of late...10am will clean it all up...G&F would be eating some serious crow if they re-drew after posting about the sneak peek on their facebook page...and I hear spring crow doesn't taste very good...

Ha, you just gave everyone that thinks they drew a heart attack.

If it were true G&F would never live it down. You guys would be calling for a lynch mob.

I was told today by my NMGFD insider buddy that the initial back door view was only their test run draw. They closed all holes before their final draw.

I don't have any connections at game and fish but within my family we have 3 people who requested refunds, initially 2 out of 3 accounts were issued game licenses, those same 2 out of 3 accounts still have game licenses. So either it's a coincidence that those same accounts drew again or they did not re-draw and its simply a rumor

Why would you do a test run on that many species? I would think if they redrew or if it was a test, they wouldn't have posted about it on their Facebook.

It shows on the bottom of my account page. I've never had an oryx tag before so I figure it's got to be for this years draw. My daughter had the same thing on her account page last year before the draw came out when she drew her desert sheep tag. Fingers and toes crossed!

Ah, that makes sense. It's pretty cool looking at that now and again. I still get stoked whenever I see my ibex on mine. Good luck with the oryx. Did you post pics of the sheep hunt, thought I remembered seeing them

They wouldn't have re-drawn. That would have cost them so much of a money profit loss. They can't afford that.

If they were running a test, they wouldn't have announced it on facebook, nor would they have done it on every big game species.

I still am unable to add a game hunting license to my cart. I also looked at their page source code. They commented out the license number code part - which shows on all previous apps as well - and doesn't anymore. Because of this I think it is safe to say that if it were indeed a "test" run, they would have done it only on this years applications, not on the entire previous ones as well.

Secondly, if they did a redraw, they would have the entire state in anger.

Just have to wait til tomorrow. None-the-less, their post was on the 23rd. IF suppose-ably it takes nearly 6 days to audit and certify the results, why would they re-draw and then say that results are gonna be posted tomorrow at 10?

Doesn't add up.

We (NMCOG) met the Director and several of her people on Monday and she told us that the draw was done 1 1/2 weeks ago and that they were auditing the results carefully to make sure it was done right so that they didn't get into a redraw situation. Alexa takes pride in the NM draw as it has been her baby for many years. I personally congratulated her on the Dept. getting out the results in 5 weeks when it used to take 8 weeks.

I had hoped for 5:00 AM rather than 10:00 AM. They used to always keep us guessing but now I guess they are sticking to their guns and posting only when they say they will. I think that is the better way as all of the commotion on the back door, supposed emails and etc. makes for good drama but not much good info. I am guilty of looking in the back door also. It was fun. It seems the Dept. is going to take the fun out of the equation.

So if the back door was viewed and they were unofficial results, then how ion the heck does that leave the idea of a "Lynch Mob" even feasible? It's a possible back door and the way I see it, it hold the possibility for a severe let down. Yes, I tried to check it but I missed the door being open. Would I hinge on that being my actual results? Heck no! When they release the results then a guy can consider them set in stone.

Not everyone would be upset with a redraw... I hope they did because my back door peek suked... as usual. Only got 3d choice on elk. But that is still better than last years ALL RED !
Jack

Sorry Paul but I have to go with NAY this year! I think I finally get to hunt oryx on Rhodes Canyon after 15 years of trying! Haha

Good morning Paul. Feel the same way about not drawing but at least you and Zac killed the tags last year. Hard not to draw, know the feeling.

>Good morning Paul. Feel the same
>way about not drawing but
>at least you and Zac
>killed the tags last year.
>Hard not to draw, know
>the feeling.

I had rotator cuff surgery last year. Almost no hunting. Worse season ever. I want some this year.

Sorry about that. Hopefully Zac or better half draws so u can at least tag along. Any, good luck in either case. Take care.

>Sorry about that. Hopefully Zac or
>better half draws so u
>can at least tag along.
>Any, good luck in either
>case. Take care.

You to Richard, fun time of the year. :)

I'm with Paul. I vote for a re-draw!
Our initial peek in the back door wasn't pretty.
We weren't greedy this year and only my youngest and I applied for tags this year. And we only applied for ibex and deer. Because of other commitments in Aug/Sept/Oct, we left the speedgoats and elk tags for the rest of you.

>Redraw!!!!!!
>
>All in favor say aye.
>AYE!!!!!!!

AYE!!!
I'm with Paul. Not looking too good for me.
Haven't lost all hope yet, though. That comes in a couple more hours.

I get it, the department through in a disclaimer on their FB page saying that the results were unofficial. But they did say that Christmas came early. They wouldn't say it if it was a practice draw or if there was an issue. If in fact there was an issue then they would have to do another audit and push the results out a bit. It's still scheduled for 10am. BTW, it is now 0825. :)

8:55...

I am in class and cannot focus...

I look at the professor and all I hear is "blah blah blah" while in my mind all I hear is "draw results. draw results. draw results. 10 10 10 10 10" hahaha

Its 10 AM where I am at. I think mine should work. Unfortunately they don't agree.

Bad part is I have a meeting in 30 minutes and I know I will be distracted.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom