NM Sheep from 2012

1FastGambler

Most all the hunts are over.

Not one post/picture/story about any of the NM sheep hunts.

I was sure hoping to see some pictures and read some stories by now.

What's up?

Adam? Hello... are you there?

I've seen a pic of a 193" desert that was shot by a 13 yo, stud of a ram. Got to be a number of great rams taken.

When 15 of 16 tags go to NR I am not sure if they would be posted in this forum...

>When 15 of 16 tags go
>to NR I am not
>sure if they would be
>posted in this forum...

Why is that?

If I went to Arizona or Utah and killed a good bull elk I would post it the respective state forumns OR in the Elk forumn.

My point was that there are several outfitters & guides that use this forumn who guided at least a few of the lucky hunters who drew these coveted tags. Why haven't they posted anything? Are they sick of all the attacks made pairing residents against guides, outfitters, and non-residents? Can't really blame them either way, but this was the first year that NM had more than one Desert Sheep tag up for grabs and I for one get all giddy about wanting to see pics of these majestic animals, even more so when it comes to seeing pictures and hearing stories about successful hunters.

The only info I've seen is a post over on OYOA where a Montana resident harvested a smoker desert ram. Great story and pictures. I enjoyed reading about his hunt & getting see the pictures he posted.

I have zero intentions of having a discussion in this post about NM Sheep not being a part of the resident quotas.

I just want to see some pic's of NM sheep.

Let's get some more on here, what say you?

Please don't turn this thread into a debate. I too have become tired of the arguments and don't feel like this is the place nor the time for it.

>When 15 of 16 tags go
>to NR I am not
>sure if they would be
>posted in this forum...

Maybe more residents should apply.

I have seen pics of one shot by a friend. It will go way into the books. A beautiful Desert Sheep, if ever there was one.

Why NM lets so many of the sheep tags go to NRs is beyond me. As a NR, it is good for me, but if I was a resident, I would organize a march on the Capitol.

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

Here's the kids 190+ ram.

4129nmbh.jpg

Sneekey

I'm w/you 1FastGambler quit the cryin guys...and maybe get the facts right if you want to cry...it was 16 of 40 tags went to NR (at least that is what I counted from the NMG&F report, even though their total shows 18 of 40). Thanks to the guys that posted pics...man those are nice rams and I sure hope you guys post some additional pics.

Hey and Merry Christmas too! :)

Bret

Heck yea, now that's what I'm talking 'bout! That's a SMOKER ram!

In my dream man cave there would be a ram just like that as a full body mount on some killer desert scenery!

Keep 'em coming!!

Sure is a beautiful ram and so is the one in the link!! I have a photo of a Pecos ram that i will post tomorrow.

Sneekey

LAST EDITED ON Dec-14-12 AT 08:51AM (MST)[p]The 'kid' is 13 year old Texas hunter Chase Willis. His ram was measured by G&F a few days ago in the presence of two Official Measurers, and went 192 5/8** with a long horn of 42 6/8 x 16 on the base...both 3rds exceed 10 inches.

Chase anchored the ram with a fine pair of shots with his .300 WM from 380 yards to secure one of the finest specimens of any species ever taken in North America. We are very proud of the work ethic and determination, composure, and poise displayed by this fine young hunter on the superb adventure we shared together with him and his dad Craig.

BTW Sneekie, lovely photo :)

Adam

Frontier Outfitting New Mexico

**edit**---green/gross

I think it is great a kid got a great ram like that. Res or NR.

I do think we need to fix our NR/Res quotas for the "big 3".

Greatwestern thanks for the measurements and info on the hunter and ram! The measurements are similar to the current world record! The pic was cropped since i know no one in the pic. The guy on the right is always holding great wheeler rams and bucks too!

I was lucky enough to tag along on my dad's pecos wilderness ram hunt. So residents do draw every once in a while.

Sneekey

well someone inform the game and fish department. If i ever have a dr. tell me I've only got a year to live because of cancer or something I'm gonna go get one of those with or without a license. Then I'm gonna go get an ibex off the floridas and then an arizon strip buck and an arizona early rifle bull elk.

Lets just say I haven't given up hope yet. I have a pretty good cancer/bucket list thrown together.

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-14-12
>AT 08:51?AM (MST)

>
>The 'kid' is 13 year old
>Texas hunter Chase Willis. His
>ram was measured by G&F
>a few days ago in
>the presence of two Official
>Measurers, and went 192 5/8**
>with a long horn of
>42 6/8 x 16 on
>the base...both 3rds exceed 10
>inches.
>
>Chase anchored the ram with a
>fine pair of shots with
>his .300 WM from 380
>yards to secure one of
>the finest specimens of any
>species ever taken in North
>America. We are very proud
>of the work ethic and
>determination, composure, and poise displayed
>by this fine young hunter
>on the superb adventure we
>shared together with him and
>his dad Craig.
>
>BTW Sneekie, lovely photo :)
>
>Adam
>
>Frontier Outfitting New Mexico
>
>**edit**---green/gross

Adam, thanks brother! I've been patiently waiting for you to post some sheep success info.

Great job & a huge congratulations to the young hunter!!

Hey Sean, if you would send me an email address where you can recieve photo files, I'd be happy to send ya some proper pics of old Salty here, and our other six battle hammers from this season

Cheers bud

Adam

Damn Sneekey you didnt have to crop out my ugly mug from the sheep picture but thanks for doing that. haha

Like Adam said congrats to Chase for killing a sheep of a lifetime.A hunt I won't ever forget.

>Hey Sean, if you would send
>me an email address where
>you can recieve photo files,
>I'd be happy to send
>ya some proper pics of
>old Salty here, and our
>other six battle hammers from
>this season
>
>Cheers bud
>
>Adam

PM Sent.

Great to see Chase's ram pic for everyone to enjoy. I've been dying to share that pic but didn't have permission. The Willis' are a great family and deserving of such an incredible trophy.

The mountains, not the hills.

Does anyone know if that ram came out of the Ladrons? I heard from a reliable source that a 192 ram came out of there and the only tag did go to a NR...never heard if it was a young fella that killed it though. Thanks for sharing the pic of this ram!
Bret

That is the truth! That reg needs to change. Pretty sad.

WSMR had two great hunt for the first time since the 70's.

First ram was 6 days class IV 9yr+ 165 in unofficial
Second ram 11 days class IV 10 yr+ 175in unofficial

awesome looking ram.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom