Nm unit 13 deer

elk_crazy

Just got back from roaming the hills in this unit. Didn't see any deer and barely any sign. Are you elk hunters seeing any deer out there. I have a nov 10-14 hunt and just looking to see if you guys are seeing any deer.

I have an archery deer tag, and spent every weekend since the 1st out on the far western side of the unit, and had no luck. Was unable to locate at least 1 buck! Found some very nice sheds, but just couldnt find the rest of the deer. Very little sign like you mentioned. Definetly a tough hunt. I may give the desert on the east side a shot for the Jan. hunt. or the rolling hills on the south. TIme to come up with a new game plan. Good Luck though, they're in there, just few and far between.

I was on the East side. we did see a few deer, but nothing bigger than a fork. IMO this unit is a waste of time. Drew it by accident as a 4th choice. Never do that again.

The Ladrons hold some deer....in the bighorn sheep flyover a couple years ago, it was the highest concentration of deer ever recorded during a flyover of bighorn sheep ranges. I think it was something like 44 deer/hour. Real rough country though

I have the 1st rifle hunt in Nov.,my scouting and reports from others is showing some nice bucks. Not many like most of NM but some good ones.Water is scarce but elk and elk hunters not...

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom