NM Unit 15, Gila HELP

Elkextreme

I drew unit 15, 2nd smoke pole in NM, I've never hunted the Gila, I've always hunted the Northern NM units. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I'm willing to exchange information of you want for norther NM units.
I am alreadying doing some research and was there in Quemado lake yesterday on 5/3/15 looking for places to camp. I'll being doing lots of scouting this summer but if anyone can kind of help I'll be VERY appreciative of your help.
Thanks.

I used to get into them on top of the mesa above centerfire bog. There is a large, resident elk herd in the area from antelope tank back. Good luck!

Elkextreme, I drew the same tag and haven't hunted the unit before either. I'm going to head down a week early to get my scouting in as fire season will limit my scouting this summer. Send me a pm if you want to share notes. I'm planning on hunting closer to the AZ border above Luna as I know that area a little.

Just got back from scouting unit 15, it's very dry not to much water, went to Fox mountain and slaughter Mesa, didn't see crap but than again lots of road warriors.

Just got back from the slaughter mesa area for the holiday weekend. I'm used to 16...not 15 and man there are way to many roads over in that area. Not sure how anything survives around slaughter mesa. Lot's and lot's of quads but did see elk SE of slaughter mesa and several good tanks. That being said, there were quad trails within 100 yds of every tank. Think I'll stick to 16. At least you can escape the road warriors over there. Good luck though! Hope you smoke one.

Sportsman, that's what I'm talking about, too many road warriors. I found a nice area, that I'm going to continue to check out and get more familiar with..
Thanks.

Elkextreme, do you know anything about unit 50? I have hunted unit 15 the past three years and this year I was thrown to unit 50 as part of my 4th choice this year. I could probably help you out in hopes you could do the same. I killed a bull in 15 last year also.

I know nothing about unit 50, but I have friend that can give info the best info ever, he guides all of unit 50, 51-52. Sorry this is the best I can do. He is a straight up kinda guy that is willing to help a fellow hunter.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom