NM unit 59

corkscrew

Anyone have any experience with unit 59 for deer (mule or whitetail)? I have hunted it before for both whitetail and antelope. Whitetail I was unsuccessful and antelope I was successful. Previous hunts only a handful of deer were seen but if any of you antelope hunters saw some deer any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Which hunt do you have? I will be out there with my father-in-law 21-25 for mule deer (his first hunt). I have hunted it for whitetail and saw a lot of mule deer bucks, but I am guessing October will be a different story.

I have the hunt that starts on the 28th. I have hunted it for Whitetail also and did see mule deer no no bucks only does but I assume the time of year played a factor.

Historically I have come across Muleys in the kiowa grasslands off highway 39 between Abbot and Roy. They tend to cross back and forth from 47 to 59. On another note. I have the white tail hunt same unit in December. Any info you might be willing to share would be appreciated. I have not hunted whitetail on this unit and have not seen any white tail on this unit although I've only hunted the far west side for Muleys

Folks,

My 11 yr old drew her first tag in 59 youth hunt only ESWTD. I’d really love for her to get something to keep her excited about becoming a young sportsman(woman).

I’ve never been to this area but plan on scouting before her December hunt. Please if you have any information, could you share it in a PM so we can keep this next generation of ethical hunters on the right path? I normally don’t ask for help for myself but being her first year, I want to make it count.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom