NM unit question

ck

What units in NM offer decent elk hunting in terrain other than dense timber? Size of bull is not as important as seeing game. I'm looking for a unit that offers the occassional "open" areas that elk might be found on. The reason I ask this question is that I went to unit 9 last year, and the whole mountain looked exactly the same; dense timber. For being new to the unit, it was hard to know where to go and even where to begin, it all looked the same (other than the mesa). So I was wanting a unit that maybe offeres something other than this, or in addition to this, to help learn the unit and locating elk at the same time.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom