NNM Archery Bulls Ripped Off

JFWRC

Very Active Member
Bad for the State-

Two bowhunters had their racks stolen from their camp last night near the junction of FS 274 and 559 in GMU51. The bulls were harvested by a father and son team....and were their first archery killed elk.

The a(($*#&'s that stole them were driving an older model Red Toyota Forerunner with a bashed in front left quarter panel. The a(($*#&'s actually drove up to camp right after they went in the camper to go to bed. When they went out to investigate the guy took off with lights out heading toward El Rito. They took chase....then noted another truck they had seen that day talking to the Toyota guy. They got up to him and he hauled ass. The other truck headed toward their camp. The decided they should turn around and sure enough the other truck was driving slowly past their camp.

They packed up last night and began their long journey home. They tried G&F and have not received much help.

I will be posting pics of their bulls asap. If you have any info please let G&F know ASAP or PM me.

Be Careful out there.......!

Thank you.

My God. That sounds like a bad dream. One day these guys are gonna jack with the wrong camp. They'll get whats coming to them.

Unfortunately, this is not the first time I've heard of this happening. After hearing stories from a fellow hunter a few years back, we hide the racks at camp.

We've also had a cooler stolen on a turkey hunt...while we were resting in camp!!

Hopefully these jackasses are not only caught, but prosecuted.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-22-13 AT 02:30PM (MST)[p]Hope they catch these fools.What a bunch of losers.
Jimbo I will also call my buddy from El rito and pass along the info

WHO DOES THAT KIND OF STUFF?????
I'm agree with the backwoods justice post. Law won't do much if anything on this other than confiscate those horns because of the debate over ownership that now exists. Find the aholes and make them wish they had never even thought this jack wagon scheme up in the first place! If you find them and need someone to help hold them down or administer the beating let me know! I'm in.....

SSS,the only thing these Awipes will understand.
Racks stolen,gear stolen,Trophy poachers leaving meat to rot, gates and fences cut,trespassing, the list is growing.
What the heck is going on? I have always been able to leave a camp and not worry in NM....until the last couple years.
SSS is the backwoods justice that the spawn of thieves deserve.

sure hope the Asswipes are caught.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Not profiling or anything but those units up in that area are pretty lawless anymore. The nortenos up in that area would just as soon we all stay away.

>Not profiling or anything but those
>units up in that area
>are pretty lawless anymore. The
>nortenos up in that area
>would just as soon we
>all stay away.
Cool well all introduce them to long range gang bangen.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-23-13 AT 10:25AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-23-13 AT 10:24?AM (MST)

Sad to hear. Tell your buddy to call State Police & file a report with them. I'm a retired LE officer from ABQ and know for sure that G&F doesn't know what their doing when it comes to investigations. No disrespect but they are not real cops only conservation game officers. Don't trust Rio Arriba Sheriffs Office they are corrupt! G&F won't do anything Last year my bro in law shot a cow in unit 52 and some other guys came up and fired at the same group. One cow was killed. We confronted them and they all knew they were guilty. Funny thing is we didn't argue,let it go and drove off. About 10 mins later a G&F warden drives up and we told him the whole story, gave a vehicle/person description, story, etc. He did absolutely nothing.Technically it's a crime because it was your buddies property in his possession since he held a legal state license. So it's considered Larceny probably over $250 is considered a Felony. Demand a report from State Police and an investigation since you have a vehicle description. Can't guarantee anything will come of it but you would make more progress. Good luck! *PS I know G&F troll this site so maybe my comment will push them to do something about this & restore our state reputation*

They have a hard time getting game wardens to accept postions in some of these districts. The lack of respect is just overwhelming. If they arrest someone his brothers or uncles,cousins etc just come and burn your house down. I have a friend that's a warden that has to live behind a locked gate compound out in the puckerbrush just to keep tires on his trucks.

I don't condone bad behavior like that at all, but there is a different culture and perspective in some parts (or most) of Northern NM. Some of the families have been living on the land since before the United States existed and they don't believe rules made by the US Forest Service or US Government apply to them. They certainly don't respect the laws of a State Government that has only been around a hundred years. Even if the Game Department knows who did this, I would say it is highly unlikely that anything would come of it.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom