NO 11's not firing completely

tworivers

I just finished my idaho muzzy hunt, I had a problem on the two guns. I hunted with Hawken, and was trying out a new scope on the inline and was target shooting. I had a few shot opportunities, and my caps would not blowback and shred like usual?? It would go off but then I would be left with no way to remove the cap after firing it? CCI no 11 never had this problem till the last few days. Any advice?

RIP Lil Bro' "Huntnfever"

Only suggestions and questions:
Is the nipple old and battered?
Did you get good ignition?
Nipples that are peened over from the hammer strike may not give the best performance. Also old used ones may have enlarged flash holes. If it measures over about .034, probably time for a new one.

Were these the 11 mag or the regular #11?
I have some #11's that are very weak. I only use them for cleaning between shots. If you have regular #11's and they have been exposed to a little moisture that might be the problem. Guys don't realize how much moisture a shower in the house will add in the house.

If you have the mag's A couple things come to mind. First the cap was not pushed fully onto the nipple. This slows the forward momentum of the hammer. Next the Hawken might not have had powder trickle into the area right in front of the nipple aka flash channel. When I load a TC front stuffer I tip it so the lock side is tipped down. I then tap on the stock to get it to vibrate and this will help the powder to go into the flash channel. once it is there the bullet pushing down should compress the powder and air should push more powder next to the nipple.

Ron

LAST EDITED ON Nov-16-12 AT 08:07PM (MST)[p]Regular 11's... Nipples are brand new so I wonder if it is condensation.... did it again today. I am going to clean everything out again, caps are old so it could be a problem as well?

RIP Lil Bro' "Huntnfever"

I keep my caps in a zip lock bag with a paper towel. If I were you I would try the #11 mag. They are WAY stronger cap. Ron

RWS #11 will lite anything, anytime. Hottest I have found and never a mis=fire. Like said above, check for peened nipple, plugged flash hole, and throw all the old ones away and start fresh.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom