No Antelope Island for me again

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Got my email today......no Antelope Island antler hunting for me or the wife again this year. Two years in a row I've been denied. Must be rigged. ha ha

the stories I have heard from people on the island shed hunting cracks me up.

A warden buddy could hear a group of three guys coming up one side of a ridge and solo guy on the other. The group was mad the solo guy found a shed they were after the warden could hear them saying when they get to the top of the ridge they were going to get that shed from the guy no matter what they had to do.

The solo guy huffing and puffing gets to the warden and the warden advises the guy to hang tight. The group gets up top see's the guy and starts yelling at the guy and getting closer unaware of the warden that is tucked behind some cover.

Before anything could escalate too fast the warden comes out and has a very stern conversation with the group and advises that they need to go back to their vehicle and leave the island. Although the solo guy fair and square stumbled upon the shed randomly my buddy said it wasn't the biggest shed he has seen just real funky looking.

you never know who can see or hear you and for hell sakes they are just antlers.

I heard there were about a 1000 applicants. However there could have been more, I never got any notification that I did or didn't draw. So I emailed the person over the Island trying to find out what my results were. He said they didn't have any record of my application.
I would like to know how they do the draw for the Island? I am not too disappointed I have been out there a couple times in the past and never really picked up anything great, it's probably because I am blind!
It would be nice if they could post those that did draw like they do with the expo tags. I am all for transparency!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom