NO CO Sheds

Finally made it up to an area I've been hoping to hunt 4th season and had a look around. 1st off, there was more snow than I expected so I didn't find anything at the high elevations, nor did I got any higher. 2nd I found a mule deer shed (7,900) which I was not expecting. 3rd, what elevations should I target?

I'm not looking for anyone's honey holes, but as a novice/virgin shed hunter I could use a few hints as to where to start, etc.

Try to get close to Dinosaur Nat'l Monument....and GET OUT IN THE GIANT SAGE BRUSH....SAGE BRUSH.....SAGE BRUSH....and walk, walk, walk, walk. Look for as many BIG tracks as you can find, about a month old now. Do not go to fast. Be sure and look down!!! HA. Here is the secret nobody seems to know.
IF YOU CAN FIND BIG OLD SAGE GROUSE....the ones about the size of grown chickens.........YOU CAN FIND BIG OLD DEER HORNS. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. But you can also take that to the bank. DO NOT SAY I NEVER SHARED A SECRET!!!!!!!

Speaking of the DNM I know a guy who did just what you said and found someones stash waiting to be hauled out. I guess there was one pissed off horn stealer when he returned to find 1 old chalky white 5 point and a thank you spelled out with rock!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom