No Country for Old Men

AZtrophyhunter

Did anybody see this movie? I just saw it last night & wasn't that impressed. Movie of the yr? The best part was the beginning when the dude was hunting antelope. Did I miss something?

No you didn't miss anything. I watched it today and the ending was terrible.

Take a kid hunting. You will enjoy it more than they do!

Have not seen the movie, but, just read the book. Pretty good book.

Same author as All the Pretty Horses and a few other good books.

If you expect a Hollywood ending you will be disappointed.

If the book is anything like the movie. The movie should be good.

I am looking forward to seeing the movie.

I really enjoyed the movie and want to read the book now. At first after watching the movie I was thinking WTF, but after thinking about it I really did like it.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting HOLY SH!T WHAT A RIDE!!!

I think it is a great story. Hollywood just couldn't cram the whole story into an hour and a half. I agree with the bad ending.

I thought it was a great movie. One of the best movies I have ever seen.

The Coen brothers also made "Raising Arizona" and "Fargo". I guess I just like those type of films.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-16-08 AT 07:12PM (MST)[p]For a $1 red box deal it would be worth it. My trip to the theatre to see it was a waste of money. It was over rated in my opinion. Fargo was better.

If you watch the movie then pay attention. The ending is the only way it could have ended. That's why there is no more country for old men. Listen to the naration by the sherrif at the end. It explains the movie. I know the good guys didn't win and that will confuse a lot of you. But, hang in there. There will be plenty more simple movies soon enough.

"When there's lead in the air, there's hope."

wel dat splains it den. we is jus 2 stewpid to understand dis moovee. shure hop ur write bout more simpell 1s fer us unedercated peeple two wach. Good grief.....

Both those posts are pretty funny.

Like I said, I didnt see the movie yet, but, read the book and the ending did take me by surprise.

Glad to hear Hollywood didnt screw with the ending.

anyone else think the rifle moss was using for antelope really didn't fit his character? i would imagine an older model something, pretty well used and abused.

It was...interesting. Kept me in suspense and was really quite good. To add to a previous post, yes, you need to let the ending sink in for awhile.

I did some research on the movie & read about it a bit & I understand it more now. The more I think about it, the more I like it & I'm def gonna watch it again.

As to the ending....and if you haven't seen the movie stop reading! There was some speculation on whether or not that took place before or after Moss was killed. There is a possibility the Sheriff was also capped at the crime scene. I think the Cohen Bro's left that up in the air.

Bottome line, evil prevails in the world we live in today.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom