No Nannies, BUT............

NMPaul

I had my cougar tag in my pocket for the ibex depredation hunt and it paid off.

First I want to thank Tony. Tony glassed these cats up and got me on the radio. Took me about an hour to get there, and by that time they were gone.
We were on the top of the floridas so we started working up the spine of the mountain. We had gone about an hour, and Tony was about 20 yards in front of me when he motioned me to double time it up there.
Just in time I saw a cat running through the bushes, I tried to draw down on it, but, watched it go over the hill, there is still another cat.
Tony is making noises to get it to stop, he stops facing away and I get him in my crosshairs and send one. It went in the back of his head and exploded it.

On my cat I got a couple years ago during my elk ML hunt all I was able to salvage was the skull, on this one I salvaged everything but the skull. The G&F guy had a hard time finding a tooth.

We were pumped.

2014mountainlion003_zps3295d532.jpg

2014mountainlion007_zpsc9e51ee9.jpg

2014mountainlion004_zps0630d16e.jpg

2014mountainlion015_zpsc6b59c4f.jpg

Yep, all those guys worried about me not finding the last one for a week, I kept the backstraps and the back leg. Gonna try it for sure.
Cant taste much different than bob cat.

Great job, wish every Ibex hunter could take a cat off those Mountains!
Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

Way to go with the kitty, tell us how it tastes, I guess you didn't ruin any meat!

I had a cougar tag with me on the ibex bowhunt last month, but never saw one.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-14 AT 08:01AM (MST)[p]That is awesome!! I'd trade that for a couple nannies any day.

Good Job, That will save some animals for the next go around.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Congrats. Somewhat ironic that you killing that cat probably negated the entire population reduction hunt, as you saved more ibex than were killed by hunters LOL.

Let us know what you think of the meat. I was one of those who posted that it was a shame you lost all of the meat on your previous lion, as my family has found it to be excellent.

Surprised you weren't able to get a nanny, though.

>Congrats. Somewhat ironic that you
>killing that cat probably negated
>the entire population reduction hunt,
>as you saved more ibex
>than were killed by hunters
>LOL.
>
>Let us know what you think
>of the meat. I
>was one of those who
>posted that it was a
>shame you lost all of
>the meat on your previous
>lion, as my family has
>found it to be excellent.
>
>
>Surprised you weren't able to get
>a nanny, though.

Smarba, I had a cougar fajita burrito today. Very good. Very much like domestic pork. Cougar the other white meat.
I have eaten bobcat before and it is similar. This cat was also very fat.
Yea, I thought of that. The cats are depredating ibex full time and I defeated the purpose.
However, there will be more ibex for others to go hunt whether depredation or draw hunts.
More people can experience that mountain down the road. I love that place.

Congrats Paul! I've never even seen a lion in 20 years of hanging out in the NM woods. Can't imagine taking 2 without aid of dogs. Pretty impressive.

Congrats again! Travis

Still a good wall hanger.
Try curing some ham out of the hind qtr Paul, it makes some impressive stuff if dry cured.

Couple years back, while doing the archery hunt, I found a couple chewed up Ibex carcasses way up in a cave area. (no way a coyote made it up there)
Congratulations! That is awesome!

The fact it was a female; yeah you removed several predators from the Ibex eater pool. (the deer thank you too).

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom