No Wyo G&F at Expo

chewyman55

I noticed last year that Wyoming Game and Fish didn't show up to the Expo. They aren't listed in the directory this year either. They used to have some great bighorn sheep intel and other good information. My guess is they're boycotting due to the fact that SFW went after them hard and shot down their proposed tag price increase. My feeling is that it was SFW's attempt to bring the state to it's knees, just like our brothers to the south. Of course it was done under the cloak of "watching out for the little guy." Is this off base and there's a different reason why Wyo G&F isn't showing up to the expo these days?

They also are not having the annual event in Casper anymore. Probably lack of funding more than anything else.

That would be a silly reason not to attend if they felt that in the past it was beneficial. I don't know any details about what SFW Wyoming said, but Utah SFW was quite often on a different page than that of the Utah Division of Wildlife, but in the end both sides understand that each is entitled to their opinion and they move on.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
Will you LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need a friend....

Most likely a finding issue. They have very little out of state travel dollars.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Got to start saving money somehow right?? Cant travel to every single expo. That's a lot of money to fork out. {gas, food/steaks, hotel} That adds up

LAST EDITED ON Feb-12-14 AT 09:13PM (MST)[p]It (Casper event) was dropped because of budget constraints, Director Talbott has made that clear and he stated so in a recent meeting we had.

As far as WYSFW...well, they may be reaping the whirlwind...

...and those "budget restraints" they are currently under...is tied directly to SFW. That doesn't seem like much of a reach to me.

"Only a handful of people who commented at the meeting cautioned against restoring Game and Fish?s budget. Bob Wharff, executive director of Wyoming Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife, said he prefers the department's downsized budget, and he believes that sportsmen organizations are well suited to take on public education and youth-and-women?s recruitment programs slashed by Game and Fish."

>...and those "budget restraints" they are
>currently under...is tied directly to
>SFW. That doesn't seem like
>much of a reach to
>me.
>
>"Only a handful of people who
>commented at the meeting cautioned
>against restoring Game and Fish?s
>budget. Bob Wharff, executive director
>of Wyoming Sportsmen for Fish
>and Wildlife, said he prefers
>the department's downsized budget, and
>he believes that sportsmen organizations
>are well suited to take
>on public education and youth-and-women?s
>recruitment programs slashed by Game
>and Fish."

Yeah, if Wyo DWR gets broke enough, SFW will have a wonderful way to raise money, you just need to give them 200 tags and you'll be rolling in it.

Problem is, Ut SFW has been given those tags year after year, and UDWR is still broke, we have less deer, less moose, and A LOT LESS ACCESS. Stay strong my Wyoming friends, SFW isn't just a headache, they are a freaking brain tumor!!!

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

Wyoming has already played witness to sfw in Utah. Those I talk to say, "no thank you".

"When you are dead, you don't know that
you are dead. It is difficult only for the
others. It is the same when you are
stupid"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom