NOCTURNAL LIGHTED ARROW NOCKS

YukonDall

Long Time Member
ANY OF YOU FELLAS EVER TRIED THE NOCTURNAL NOCKS......GOOD , BAD, OK EXPERIENCES ????? MY GUIDE WANTS ME TO USE THEM, HE KNOWS HIS ELK GAME........THOUGHT I WOULD ASK.......THANKS....................YD.

I've used the green ones before. During the day in September (unless you are in dark timber) you can't see worth a crap. Late evenings and early mornings, when the sun isn't out, they work great.

I just about threw mine away because I couldn't see a darn thing 95% of the time. Then I used them on an overcast winter day and they were bright as heck!!

They aren't legal here in Idaho, but I like to shoot them for fun, and I don't think I would buy them again because you are pretty limited on when you can actually see them.

I guess if your guide wants them, you might oughtta get'em.

THANKS FA.......I BOUGHT THE RED NOCKS, AND HE WANTS THEM BECAUSE ON THE HUNT FOOTAGE HE IS FILMING. I KINDA THINK I MIGHT LIKE THEM AS WELL........I WILL BE IN ARIZONA........THANKS .........YD.

The only thing I don't like, is you have to have a pin or something really small to turn them off....

LAST EDITED ON Aug-09-13 AT 10:26PM (MST)[p]I also use the red and they're awesome. Turning them off is not too bad a knife tip will work. I'm glad to hear they are legal in AZ as i'm also planning an elk hunt in unit 10 and was wanting to use them. Good luck!
Jeradj

I have the green ones and they are plenty bright during most hunting situations. High noon in the desert you might not see them. It sure is cool to watch that glow all the way to the rib cage!

I like the Nockturnal better than the Lumenok. I used to use the Lumenok and then made the switch last year. They are harder to turn off but I think they turn on more reliably.

Cutbow

I SHOT THE RED ONES FOR THE FIRST TIME TONIGHT, I REALLY LIKED THEM.........ADDS ANOTHER COOL DEMENTION TO THE BOW EXPERIENCE................YD.

I have some lighted nocks by TGB Archery (Two guys and a bow) and I'd read good things about them on archerytalk.com.
They run a little cheaper and I've liked them. Time to put them to the test self-filming on Sat.

Here's two clips with them.
First with go pro mount,

Second with Solvid Camstrap and JVC Everio camera

>>>---->
For the love of the game

I have used them all and they are all great when they work and most the time they don't work. I stopped using them and went back to regular nocks.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom