Non-res Deer Draw Question?

W

wendt

Why does it take so long to get the results? The deadline is March 15th the draw date is July 3rd. 3 1/2 months to wait. I don't understand it and maybe someone can help.

MY opinion for the last 30 years is that they use the interest off the money while we all wait PLUS the Resident draw time is in there too so that they only have to do one second chance draw on leftover licenses . I don't know the real reason, that is just how I always accepted it.

They have to do the herd counts before they can set the tag numbers..just like Utah they do them in April/May time frame.

they do the count, submit the numbers to the committee and have public input, and then wala...they have the draw

The money is held in a NON-INTEREST ACCOUNT...there is a legislative law stating that.

WOW. I sort of wish they would draw interest off it to help with funding the Wildlife Div.

Willy_P- I was thinkin' the same thing. They've got a ton of money sitting there. No one's getting it back for the time being so use it and make some free money for the state!

Steve

Alot of folks would get upset about that, saying " why should they be making the interest on the money when I should be making the interest money because it is mine until I get a tag"...

I wouldnt have a problem with them getting the interest but some people would.

Wonder how many would have a problem if they said it was that or the tag fee was going up. OH wait the tag fees just went up didn't they??

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom