Non res deer unit recommendations

I realize this topic is a bit hot right now, but im out of ideas and my personal research from what I can find isn’t much help on this topic. I’ve got 7 PP built up for deer. I really have no idea what to do with them and am looking for possible suggestions. Before you get any further and skip down to ripping on me for wanting free info, you need to know I’m not looking for your honey hole to shoot giant deer. In fact I’m not even after a giant deer. I’ve killed big deer, this isn’t what this hunt will be about for me/us. It’ll be about taking my son and wife on a wyoming deer hunt. All I’m really looking for is suggestions on decent public land units where I don’t have to pack in 13 miles on horses to find deer. I dunno if I can even draw any units like that with my points. I’d honestly love to have more of a glass from the roads type hunt with a decent chance to kill a buck with my family there. And size is not a priority on this hunt (of course I won’t pull the trigger on 1.5 y/o bucks, but would shoot a 2-3 y/o buck if he gets my kid excited when we see him). If you have any suggestions on units where this type of hunt is possible, I’m all ears. If you wanna tell me to get fukt on this topic, by all means, I’ll listen to you on that as well! I’m coming from utah, so the south west 1/4 of the state is preferred, but I have driven to Sundance to shoot a turkey before, so if you have suggestions a little further away, let’s have them. Public access is a bit of an important factor for me, just can’t afford a trespass fee after I pay for a non res tag price! Haha PMs preferred, but posting here is good too.

maybe the best advice someone can get me is to keep buying points, but I don’t see that necessary when I’m not looking for a “trophy” type hunt. Anyways, hope y’all are lucky in your own draws and hunts this upcoming year! Wyoming residents sure are lucky! They live in one of the best places on earth! Thanks for any suggestions in advance!

-Douglas S.

I think you can have the type of experience that you mentioned in certain parts of 37 and I think your points would do it, even with the tag cuts. PM me if you want. I'd be happy to discuss.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom