Non Res tags, how does it all work ???

c3

Very Active Member
Anyone care to help me sort out how to try to buy a NR elk tag?

I've read about the cluster it can be, but I'd still like to try.

PM's would be great too

Cheers, Pete

I think you just log in and cross your fingers. If you don’t already have an account set up on F&G web site I’d probably do that today

if you login through multiple private browsers on many devices you can get multiple 'spots' in line...upping your chances of getting in sooner.

43k and some change..then clicked the box with an X..see ya Idaho. The old days of buying general OTC a couple days before the hunt.

Wow, they changed it so you don't have to log in first. You could technically have infinite devices logged in for infinite chances. Wish I would have known that. I've seen where dude's had 4 or 5 devices and all got different numbers. Hilarious they actually got worse at carrying out their draw this year!!!

Buddy is at 38,000. What a joke. Just do all NR as a draw. What’s the difference anyway. At least with a draw you don’t force a guy to take off work to get randomly placed in a “waiting room” that has over 30k already.
Problem now is folks that get in early don’t see their precious tag so they just grab any unit, and all are sold out asap. With so many better ways to do it this is just plain sad.

I spent an hour trying to figure out how to log in, which was futile. The instructions they emailed me yesterday even said that you will log in. I started at 27,184. After 29 minutes there are still 27,024 ahead of me. This has got to be the stupidest possible way of doing this.

I had 3 devises and my numbers are 13709,23400 and 28621.. what a joke. Go to a draw or people that got a tag have a waiting period. OTC is a thing of the past.

Buddy is at 38,000. What a joke. Just do all NR as a draw. What’s the difference anyway. At least with a draw you don’t force a guy to take off work to get randomly placed in a “waiting room” that has over 30k already.
Problem now is folks that get in early don’t see their precious tag so they just grab any unit, and all are sold out asap. With so many better ways to do it this is just plain sad.
that would build more revenue as well. make an application fee for each species you want a chance at buying a tag for. great idea!

Was 13,000's in line, logged in at 9:45, had my tag by 11:55. Not many tags left on the list I chose from in most of the units I glanced at. High demand for these tags, could increase price and still sell out. Unbelievable how cheap Resident tags are!

Got in and had all my tags in short order. Thankful to be able to hunt Idaho and thankful that many get frustrated easy and give up. Hopefully my 11 year old can get his second deer this coming year and we can make some more memories!-----SS

The waiting period idea on here would be a good one. Clear up some room after a few years of that. They could also sell deer and elk tags on separate days. But I’d bet this goes to a draw before any of that

Having resident friends buy for you in person is the way to go. There were some guys in the 10 o'clock hour buying for 10+ people.

They need to have you login with your credentials first before you get in the queue so you can only be on one device. I think that would be pretty easy to do.

I went down to the public library. Brought a bottle of whisky and bribed the homeless with shots to keep them off the computers. Logged in on 20 computers and got my super desirable general season deer tag. You guys need to get more creative

Tags went fast this year, especially elk. System started out slow but was way better than last year. Number 15000 in line was still good enough for a mediocre deer tag. Getting harder to get any tag these days.

Multiple incognito/private browsers worked again this year to get yourself multiple spots in line?

Crazy that Idaho wouldn't fix that.

Why aren't people freaking out over the fact that people in the know are gaming the system using multiple devices/browsers? There's no way in hell anyone should be able to have more than one chance at a place in line.
It's like the Nevada FCFS system.......it still needs a few tweaks. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Idaho Fish & NO GAME needs to stop this Horse Sh-T & reduce NR tags to NO more than 5000 tags combined, put them all in a NR ONLY draw pool .. Charge $20 application fees, raise the price of license & tag fees a couple hundred bucks .Raise the Resident license & tags fees to compensate for the SO called lost revenue !!!!

Idaho Fish & NO GAME needs to stop this Horse Sh-T & reduce NR tags to NO more than 5000 tags combined, put them all in a NR ONLY draw pool .. Charge $20 application fees, raise the price of license & tag fees a couple hundred bucks .Raise the Resident license & tags fees to compensate for the SO called lost revenue !!!!
I would be ok with that, I have not been able to get a general archery elk tag in 5 years now where you could get them in April or May before. The top general tags are like sheep tags now with the current system, three units were gone by the time 600 people made it through the online checkout yesterday. What was there 60k browsers - not people - and after 600 three units were gone. Sheep odds of getting that low a number. License fee at $185 is high enough however. Do not make people that want to shoot birds pay more than that. Make the elk tag an even 1k or so deer $500 that will make up some of the money.

Not very well by all accounts. I gave up on the res non-res tags before this madness cropped up.

Do you have a better chance in person?Friends of friends drove up from California to be there in person

Talked to a guy that flew in from Cali to buy tags. Said atleast 25 others were on his flight doing the same thing. 38K people had to purchase a $185 license for a chance at getting a tag. That's good revenue for Idaho...
The pioneer zone archery elk sold out in 21 minutes...

Talked to a guy that flew in from Cali to buy tags. Said atleast 25 others were on his flight doing the same thing. 38K people had to purchase a $185 license for a chance at getting a tag. That's good revenue for Idaho...
I didn’t have to buy a license until I already had my tag in the cart?——-SS

You can buy your license with your tags, 99% of people do. I buy for my nonres buddies, and I prefer they already have their license prior to the sale, but unless you are on auto-renew, it is very difficult to get. The new year sales begin at 12 AM mountain time on December 1, so you have to login and purchase sometime between then when the website begins the pre-sale waiting room.

No tags for us...I even wore my lucky underwear...
Screenshot_20231205_202326_Chrome~2.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom