Non res youth tag?

muleyczy

Nonresident youth ages 10 to 17, who possess a nonresident junior mentored hunting license, must be accompanied by a licensed adult 18 years of age or older and be close enough to be within normal conversation or hearing range without shouting or the aid of electronic devices. The licensed adult must have a current year tag which is valid for the same species, and may hunt while participating in the mentored hunting program. The licensed adult may not accompany more than two youth at a time. A tag that has already been filled still meets the tag possession requirement.

• Nonresident youth ages 12 to 17, who possess a full price hunting license are not required to follow the “accompanied by” rule in the field.

To clarify the above, I see the mentored adult must have a tag but what about the youth. How does that work. do they fall under the same quota? Reason I ask is, after sitting in line for HOURS hoping to get a tag, and assuming I did, then logging out and back in for the youth to get a junior tag, the probability of tags remaining is about zero.

Not positive about Idaho, but it sounds a lot like Oregon’s program where the youth doesn’t need a tag, they can hunt on the adult’s tag but there is only one tag, the youth harvests your animal for you but you don’t get to shoot another. If the youth gets a standard tag and you get a tag, you both can get an animal. Double check that for Idaho though.

To answer your question, the Junior who is being mentored has to have his own tag, and the adult has to also have a tag. The NR Junior Mentored tags ($176 deer, and 299 elk) are not capped for Youth. They are also not unit specific for the Youth.
Thanks. That makes sense but I couldn’t find that outlined

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom