non resident general draw odds

A

amby

I want to hunt whitetails with my uncles in Montana. I was wondering if the deer combo had better or worse odds then the deer/elk combo. Also I would like to know the odds.

Thanks

Amby

What does deer combo mean?? If a nonresident wants to just hunt whitetails what does he put in for. And what kind of odds does he have of drawing it.

Rich

Landowner tags are good if the landowner has enough land to hunt. You can only hunt his/hers deeded land with a landowner Sponsored tag.

A deer combo is a license for an "A" tag for deer with the addition of a fishing license and an upland bird license all packaged together. There are 2,300 of these available in the general draw. The 2008 cost of these was $343.

http://fwp.mt.gov/hunting/licenses/nonresidents.html

Nemont

Right NeMont,
Thats the only draw back, you're limited to the landowners property and I think the landowner tag is the same price as the general tag, but at least the draw odds are better.

The odds are only slightly better, and I can't find in the regs that it is specified that you hunt ONLY the landowner's property. I may be wrong. I do know that a friend of mine DID NOT draw even with the landowner preference for a muley buck permit. AND, only ONE person, blood or marriage related, or a paid employee, with taxes withheld, may apply. Cracks me up that you can apply for landowner preference for antelope if you own 160 acres. mtmuley

I don't think I want a landowner preference. I know you can draw the deer/elk combo every other year because my dad has done that for while now. The elk hunting isn't very good so I don't want to waste my money on a deer/elk combo if I can draw a deer tag for half the price. I've combed through the web site and proclamation with no success I know they give out 2300 nr deer tags but I haven't seen any numbers saying how many people apply. I might be chasing a ghost. Thanks for your input.

Amby

Send an email to the Fish and Game, they'll give you the draw odds.

LO deer tags are only good for the ranch which it was issued for. I'm not sure if they allow hunting on land locked state/BLM or not.

Deer draw odds with no points is about 20% or less, elk/deer combo with no points is about 50%.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom