Nonresident New Mexico Draw Fees?

J

Jerbear

Looking into putting in for speed goat down in New Mexico.Was just wondering if anyone knows the fees for nonresident?Couldn't find it on the webpage.Not that bad of odds though!I'd like to draw something this year,along with the rest us I'm sure.Thanks for any help.

Bear

for non resident...cost u around $202.00 for public land..

and for private land license cost u around $211.00 ..the private land if u can find a landowner from a participating landwoner list..very expensive to buy landowner tag plus license...so try public land first...

good luck.....which unit are u interest....i can point u some good units that hold big bucks...

vinihunt

Thanks alot.I will be intrested in the muzzleloader units.I think 52 is one and I'm not sure about the other unit number.I have never been to New Mexico and I figure what great way to visit by hunting speed goats.Thanks.

Bear

excellent choice for muzzleloader...unit 52 is a great place....i have try to get that tag for 2 years now with no luck....still trying....

for muzzleloader there is only 2 units that are open for that weapons only...unit 29..south east of new mexico near carlsbad and unit 52...

and as for bow or rifle....good unit will be unit 12, 36, 55..in case u decided to put for it....

check out the pix of nmhuntnutt...his unit 52 muzzle goat..

vinihunt

Thanks Vini.Do I have to buy a liscence or is there just an application fee to apply as a nonresident?Can I apply with credit card or pay by check?

Bear

I am trying to draw Unit 55. Any info on this unit is greatly appreciated.

Thanks......

Cajunseeker , I hunted 55 five years ago . We stayed right at Springer and hunted a ranch at Taylor Springs . That unit is plum full of antelope , and the Game and Fish will asign you to a ranch . They will send you info , who owns the ranch etc. , that way you can contact the rancher and set plans . Any ranch they put you at will have goats , and lots of em . I put in for 52 muzzle loader only now , harder to draw , but in my mind well worth it if ya draw . If you are wanting a guided hunt , with bow or rifle , let me know , my friend has a ranch down by Quamado , and it is just freakin awesome . Team Primos filmed a bow hunt and got a 74 Pope and Young and 82 point buck , both on their video due out this year . He gets some 15 rifle tags but only sells 8 of them , in 2002 his hunters were 8 for 8 , and only one was 14 in. and the others were 15 and one 16 . Let me know and I'll put you in contact with him directly....NMhuntnutt

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom