North Idaho Moose

spotnstalkID

I was one of the LUCKY applicants that drew a moose tag in Northern Idaho this year. I drew unit 4. I happened to be in North Idaho this past weekend and was able to escape for a few hours one morning and start my scouting for the year. In a matter of about 3 hours I was able to find 4 cows, 2 of which had calves, and one bull. Unfortunately, once again, I didn't have anything other than my little digital with me so the pic's are from a distance and you can tell. Oh well. Enjoy anyways!

I also had a question for anybody that may have drawn this tag in the past few years. I know the area a little bit and I have spoken to a few people already and I feel I have a good start on the season as it is. What I would like to do is talk to anybody that has had this tag and see what their thoughts and experiences were. Like I said, I feel I have a good start on things, but I am just trying to get as much info as possible about the unit to make sure I don't overlook any areas of the unit that are worth looking at. Right now I have 3 different areas of the unit that I am focusing on and hopefully by September I'll be able to narrow that down, but if anybody has drawn this tag or knows anybody who has I'd love to talk with them about their experience. Send me a PM or whatever you'd like.

Thanks in advance!
Jaxon

Cow moose
44873833097973ab.jpg

Another cow. This one had twin calves with her. Can't really see the little ones. One is not even in the pic and the other one is just on the far side of mom.
448739050a9cdf06.jpg

4487399a0b581087.jpg

Area I scouted. Just before I took this picture another cow jumped up out of the brush about 20 yards below me and headed down the hill. Unfortunately I didn't get the picture before she got out of it.
44873a4d0dcd69db.jpg

The only bull I saw this day. Hopefully he sticks around the area till September so I can see what he looks like then!
44873a9a0e21c7a5.jpg

PM on its way to ya. I dont have a ton of first hand exp. in there, but my dad practically lives in that country. I'll talk to him and see what he says. No tags though, my experience with hunting them in ID is further north!

Ernie

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom