Northern Bucks and Bulls?

S

SoCal_818

My dad and I have hunted mostly in the southern portion of the state, once out of Heber and once out of Eureka, but we have never ventured further north. This year we decided to put in for the northern bucks and bulls drawing to try something different, and well, we got drawn. So my questions is, could somebody point us in the right direction? I'm not asking for somebody's cherry patch, just a possible area we should/could consider. I can walk and run till my feet fall off, but my dad he's a little slower, so some moderate hiking would be appreciated for his hearts sake. We don't have any 4 wheelers, just boots, so access is limited to foot traffic from a 4 wheel drive PU.

We have been looking at the China Meadows area. Were not trophy hunters, but would like to see some animals. Filling our tags is a plus(at least one species),but not required. We really just like getting out and enjoying the hunt. Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Joe.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-10 AT 02:42PM (MST)[p]

A lot of the henrys fork/blacks fork drainage's elk (china meadows) will be in Wyoming by the time the season opens...its thick country in the wilderness area, and china meadows is right on the wilderness boundary. everything on the UT side in the roaded area is thick pine forest, it sucks to hunt adn chances are you wont even see an elk on the UT side.

I've never hunted it, but if i were you I'd look into the Monte Cristo area..

I on the other hand think that you are on the right track with the China Meadows/Henries fork area. I think you have an equal chance at seeing elk there and the Monte Cristo area. The problem with Monte is there isn't much land to hunt and every little spot will be full of hunters. That are gets hit harder than any general area in the state. At least with the uintas, you can get away from the crowds.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom