Northern Colorado bull down (pics)

shedcrazy

Very Active Member
Is what I want to be posting. Sorry for the lead in but I knew I could get some of ya to open the topic and see that a new kid in town would like to get some advice or a good general area to do some scouting and have some better luck than hunting around Walden with a 1000 other guys shooting towards eachother. I am in Fort Collins and desperately need a guiding hand. I would be glad to exchange New Mexico information for Northern Colorado Information.

Also, please PM me. I can answer those easier than in the threads. I have to get I.T. to punch me through the firewall to post in threads but not in PM's ( silly, huh)

Thanks

>Is what I want to be
>posting. Sorry for the lead
>in but I knew I
>could get some of ya
>to open the topic and
>see that a new kid
>in town would like to
>get some advice or a
>good general area to do
>some scouting and have some
>better luck than hunting around
>Walden with a 1000 other
>guys shooting towards eachother.

I think you might also succeed with a title like "Need Advice for Walden Area."
As it is, people will get frustrated with your blatantly misleading title.

Man, I thought I was going to see pictures of a dead elk. I agree, "Need Advice . . ." would have been a better title. Do you have an OTC?

Shed as a fellow former NM member I would be happy to help through a PM so PM me and I will reply back

Here is a picture of a great place to hunt elk:

And the GPS coordinates:

Good luck!

Seriously though, sounds like you need to post in the swap section.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

haha, yep yep, I deserved that. That was pretty funny. Thanks for the pics and coordinates.

My apologies for that. I used to post here pretty frequently and some of the fellas I knew back then would have chuckled, gave me some $#!+, and then perhaps pm'd me some info. I realize now that there are very few here that I still know.

Anyways, if y'all know something that might point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. It's hard to start over from scratch.

Thanks

I assume your looking for the future and not this year, correct? Is there a particular season you are set on? In nw co I would head to the flattops, but like walden you wont be alone. Any hunt that is easy to draw will be crowded, but that doesnt mean it wont be suucessfull. Best of luck finding a area, just stick with it and your time will pay off.

Thanks a bunch. Yeah, I still have a rifle tag to buy this year. I hunted archery in N.M. and usually hunt rifle in Colorado but I may swap that around from this year forward. Gives me more time to hunt if I hunt archery in Colorado. I just need to learn some areas up here.

be carefull with a 3rd or 4th season tag, because you could get snowed in real easy, and a large portion of elk will be pushed to private property. I would focus on 1st and 2nd season in the future.

Yeah, I have hunted around Walden for two years now and one year had lots of snow and all the elk were in the bottom (mostly private)

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom