Northern Region Deer Hunt Help

W

Wilks

Let's be honest.. I'm a newbie.. I've been out scouting the last two weekends in a few areas that I thought would be fruitful.. I haven't seen much.. So, I have a couple areas in the Northwest area of the state, but would love a little love from you pros.. I know, I know.. Who wants to share info? But if you are an archery guy, or have already filled your tag in some other area of the state, I would love to get some information. So, if you know these areas, please send me a pm or respond so I can ask some questions. .Thanks so much.. I really appreciate it.

I don't think you are going to get much info... You need to spend the time, gas money, and hiking boots to find the areas. May guys on here have spent many years searching for their 'honey holes' and wouldn't give out the location if you threatened their life. I think part of the fun of the hunt is getting out and finding new areas and exploring the many different areas of the state. I've also been burned by a few 'friends' that I showed good areas to hunt and found them out there with relatives or other friends the following weekend. Needless to say I learned my lesson and don't tell very many people where I go hunting.

My "honeyhole" is monte cristo. Tomorrow I will have the whole mountain to myself. I bet I wont even hear a shot, unless it is from my own rifle.

Ok on a serious note. I dont have any good info for you. just find a big chunk of ground and glass and hike. Maybe find a good vantage point and let other hunters push the animals to you. get away from the roads and you will have a better chance. good luck

I took my 9 year old boy out today, only saw two other hunters up on the mountain, but didn't see any Bucks either though.....

2a0fcsk.gif

I went out on Saturday and hit a really nice tall 4x4 but couldn't find him after spending all day Sunday looking for him. We only saw 4 other hunters the whole day in that area. Reason there aren't many hunters is it's an extremely steap area and a pain to hike out of with or without a deer.

I appreciate those that helped.. Went out.. Hiked tons.. Saw many Does, just not any antlers.. I guess I will have to see how the rest of the week goes..

sucks that you hit something and never found it.. Good luck to all the rest of the week

Any specific part of the Northern Region you looking to hunt???? I came across over a dozen bucks on Sunday morning in an area that was about a 25 minute drive from SLC. None of them were huge...the biggest being a willow-horned, 24" 3 point...but if you are looking for meat, shoot me a PM and I will give you a few leads.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom