Not bad for the first freshies of the year

muleycrazy23

Went out last Saturday to look for some antlers. Found 5 fresh ones and 4 of them were nice. The big five point single was about a foot off the side of the road. The 5 point set scores about 180". The 6 pt. on the bottom I was watching the buck Friday night thinking he was about to drop the antler but it got dark and I went back Saturday morning and it was like 30 yards from where I last saw him. Luckily I got there early because an hour after I hit the area and cleaned it out 3 guys on 4wheelers came drivin over the hill off the road lookin for horns. I got pissed off and went over and told them if they cant get off their butts and walk like the rest of us to stay off the mountain. They stayed watchin me for like an hour after that but I had already stashed the antlers under a tree so they thought I had found nothing and the area didnt have any antlers. It pisses me off that these lazy idiots are willing to ruin the sport and they dont care.

Nice Finds! It looks like you have quite a few browns there.

Unfortunately guys on four wheelers tearing up the winter range is way too common now days. I often wonder how many of these idiots read these posts and just laugh with absolutely no regard for the damage they are doing to the winter range.

I love riding four wheelers on designated trails during the summer and fall, but I have never even taken one out while out shed hunting.

Man, thats some good lookin bone! Not bad at all. I also hate it when I have been walking my but off looking for horn and some guy drives through the area, either on a sled or a 4 wheeler. Not only is it closed to motorized vehicles, but it makes it unfair for us and the animals. Wish I could REALLY do something about it. What really ticks me off is when I have a specific area in mind to get to, only to find a 4 wheeler coming out when I get there, loaded to the brim with horns! (Happened to me last year) argg
Dan

Makes me wonder how many people on here ride four wheelers and just won't admit to it?????????? as long as they keep them on the roads no big deal but when I see them off road I tell them they are @%^$#** idiots

By the way thats some nice lookin antler you got there congrats on the awsome finds
Later,
Foster

Write down their license plate numbers and turn them in! Nice antlers, what state?

Jeff

Those are some great sheds. Congrats on the finds. You did a good job giving them a piece of your mind. I hope it helped but highly unlikely.

Later,
IB

Great Antlers.

As far as the 4 wheelers-turn their ass in when they are breaking the law. Personally I pack a digital camera now and you don't even have to confront them. Call the authorities and send the pics.That's all the evidence they need.

Sounds like bobcat needed to be with you to offer up one of his "tune ups" . I want to get an atv , but I want a sporty one , theres some neat sand hills near my home . I also feel they should have forest service out in the hills , just like game wardens , and when they come across violaters , they need to site them to the max . Maybe paying some real heavy fines will make people think twice about getting off the roads permitted for atvs ....

I am in Colorado. I also drive a 4wheeler its my life I dont know what I would do without it but I never drive it offroad. I did turn the guys in, I called the DOW right after I talked to them. They did not do much so I stopped a DOW officer that I know on Monday. I prolly shouldnt say this because guys will see it as offroading is alright. She told me that unless they are chasing wildlife there is nothing that they can do. So I asked her if I should call BLM, and she said about the only thing they would do is just shut the road down and that would basically make it almost impossible to get into the area without backpacking for a couple days and I dont want that to happen. So there is nothing to do but confront the idiots and maybe get through to them that way.I dont know its frustrating.

Some nice sheds! I totally agree nothing pisses me off more than people driving cross country looking for sheds. I do my best to confront them. I go out of my way to take down plate numbers and report them. Also, there are laws in some states that prevent people from driving off established roads. I suggest we all do a little research so we can keep these lazy a%%$# on the roads and out of the country side!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom