Not holding my breath this year!

3TOE

Very Active Member
Every year I get excited for the draw then end up disappointed when I don’t draw. This year is going to be different.... I know for a fact that at a minimum, I will pick up a bonus point for EVERY animal I applied for!!! ???

Every year I get excited for the draw then end up disappointed when I don’t draw. This year is going to be different.... I know for a fact that at a minimum, I will pick up a bonus point for EVERY animal I applied for!!! ???

Pretty much. ?

This year I put in my application not expecting to draw. Who knows maybe I will be surprised?
That’s what I’m saying... Every year I get my hopes up then end up bummed when I don’t draw. This year I’ve changed my mindset. I’m not expecting anything at all, so if I do draw I will be pleasantly surprised. ??

Hey 3toe why don't you get lined up this spring for a single season slam on gobblers that will take the stress off of waiting on the draw

Hey 3toe why don't you get lined up this spring for a single season slam on gobblers that will take the stress off of waiting on the draw
That would be sweet! I doubt that will ever happen though. I still don’t have a Merriam or an Osceola. One of these days....
I want to get down to FL in the next couple of years to try for an Osceola. The Merriam’s will come one day also, I just haven’t taken the time to plan a trip for one. I tried last year in UT but I couldn’t locate birds up high so I ended up dropping down in elevation & killing a Rio. Many of the UT guys say that there aren’t any true Merriam’s left in UT.

That may be true but I have killed a couple here in northeastern Utah high country that will match any of the ones I've killed in wyo or s.dakota but it's probable they could be hibreds who knows and if you ever get a chance to go after the Osceola in Florida go for it cause it's a way fun hunt

My first turkey was a Gould’s. I then got to hunt Utah where the hunting was great. I shot a turkey every year on multiple different mountains from the North Utah to South. I have since moved to NM where the turkeys are true Merriams. They are a much different bird and harder to kill. Seem a bit larger too. I since found out that Utah birds are Merrios. They like mountains but don’t move as much as Merriams.

That may be true but I have killed a couple here in northeastern Utah high country that will match any of the ones I've killed in wyo or s.dakota but it's probable they could be hibreds who knows and if you ever get a chance to go after the Osceola in Florida go for it cause it's a way fun hunt
I will just have to break down and plan a Merriam hunt one day.
I have a buddy that makes strikers that is headed to FL for an Osceola hunt at the end of the month. Hopefully he has a good experience because I’m hoping to plan a hunt there soon. It’s actually where they consider the birds as true Osceola’s recognized by the NWTF.

My first turkey was a Gould’s. I then got to hunt Utah where the hunting was great. I shot a turkey every year on multiple different mountains from the North Utah to South. I have since moved to NM where the turkeys are true Merriams. They are a much different bird and harder to kill. Seem a bit larger too. I since found out that Utah birds are Merrios. They like mountains but don’t move as much as Merriams.
I like the term Merrio’s! That’s the first time I’ve heard that. I’ve only hunted a few times there in UT. It’s close to the house so it makes it easy to just drive a few hours. Another MM member invited me to Oregon this year so I’m excited about that. I grew up back east & hunted Easterns from all over the south. I’ve been in NV for 11 years & just now starting to turkey hunt a little in the west.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom