Nothern Utah bull moose??? w/picture

Wantabee

I am not sure if this will work, I know the picture is poor. I was wondering your opinion of this bull. Northern Utah OIL, not my tag but my brothers, we think we maybe messed up, because we walked away.

46f91cc24471c53b.jpg

46f91dde48ee5108.jpg

I think I would have shot that bull!

You may want to go back and try to re-locate that bull. He looks like a keeper to me. Unless you have seen bigger bulls on this unit, you should probably reconsider not shooting this bull.

Thanks guys, you are supporting our self regret. We have seen bigger bulls on the unit in the past years, they do not show until Oct. the hunt will close tonite and reopen on the 6th till the 28th of Oct I think. This bull is very lope sided. we are not confident judges of moose. we guessed him between 43"-47" wide and score mid 150's Any thoughts? Everyone says the shrink when they hit the ground, I am glad the pressure is on my brother not me Hah.

I'd say your score and width estimates are pretty good.

If he was close to a road then you definitely screwed up!:)

Looks like a nice bull. I would guess it is around 45 inches wide. Around 150. The left palm is better than the right. Both look to splint on brow tines. The end of the hunt may be better. The leaves will be off the trees. Good luck. I have a Wyoming tag this year. Keep us posted please.

I have been out looking for fun, and I have seen a drastic drop in the number of monster bulls around Northern Utah. I'm afraid to say my friend (BOOM).......... OR I can lie and say, ya you made the right choice at not shooting...... But I can't do that.

I'd say you messed up. If you have a tag for the Cache unit, pm me about another bull I've been seeing.

It'd suck to be yer brother, he screwed the pooch. Double brow tines, good palms and good width. It'll be a good one for somebody...

LAST EDITED ON Sep-26-07 AT 10:52PM (MST)[p]This looks like a bull in East Canyon, he tried damn hard to kill me tonight.......scared the beejeezus outta me! Never been so scared in my life, let me tell ya.

If I'd had a cap, I mighta had to shoot him if that tree hadn't held, because there was no doubt he wanted to gore/stomp/pound me into the dirt.

If I had a tag, BOOM!

I would also pass on that bull, but only because I don't have a tag :)

I think the only agreement your going to get on your decision is from the bull. Go find him and prove him wrong.

nice one. here is a clip i was just sent. one mad big moose.Video: MooseHunt.wmv (5.12 MB) hmm dont know if its working. Video: MooseHunt.wmv (5.12 MB)

My brother did go back never did find him. The hunt is closed now until the 6th of Oct. So he has time to think. We will hit it hard in Oct. I will keep you posted.
Thanks, it is killing me to wait.

I have a Wasatch Moose tag burning a hole in my pocket. That bull would be really dead or really scared if he walked out in front of me.

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com
-------------------------

Update, I posted pictures of the bull my brother end up shooting, the pictures are in the moose forum uder brothers moose

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom