Notice! Kamas Unit

HuntinFool

Last night I got off of work at 11:30 in Park City. I had planned to go scout for my upcoming Kamas tag the next morning so I went up the Cedar Hollow trailhead road a ways and parked. I planned to sleep in my car, get up before light and begin hiking.

I fell asleep in the drivers seat at about 12:30. At about 2:30 I heard someone yelling "Let me in!" over and over again. At first I thought I was dreaming but then I heard a fist hit my car. I woke up, looked out the passenger window and saw the midsection of a man. He then crouched down and looked through my passenger window. He was probably late 40's to early 50's, had long grayish hair and an unshaven face. He was in levis and a dark blue shirt. When He saw me looking at him he began grabbing on the door handle trying to open my car and pounding on my roof and window.

I fumbled for my keys while screaming. I eventually found them, got the car started and began to try to get back on the main road. I could not go very fast until I got on the main road because I was in my little Ford Focus. He ran alongside the car hitting it until I could outdistance him. When I finally got service I immediately called my mom, and I will admit I broke down a little when I heard her voice.

I went into Sportsman's today and was buying stuff in the archery section when I began talking to a guy. We did the usual of asking each other where we were going, and he mentioned that he had a trailer parked up the Cedar Hollow Trailhead road. I immediately asked him if it had a maroon stripe down the side because that trailer was the only one I had seen up there. It was his and he was going up to check it tonight.

The man seemed like he was on something to me. When I went back out to my car this morning there was a large handprint in mud on the roof. I am 6' with big hands and feet and his fingers were all atleast 1/2" longer than mine. Please inform anyone who may be hunting or camping in the area to please stay on the lookout.

Jeeez....I hope you stopped and got some wipes to clean your driver's seat up, pretty scary, next time you need to bring your .45

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom