NOV. 29 Road Closures

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
These road closures were in effect as of this morning:

SR 87 closed from Payson to Winslow.
SR 89 closed from Drake to Ash Fork.
SR 89A closed from Sedona to the I-17 junction.
SR 260 closed from Camp Verde to SR 87.
SR 66 closed from Kingman to 20 miles west of Seligman.
I-17 northbound closed from SR 179 junction to Flagstaff.
I-40 closed from US 93 junction to Winslow.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

So how did the storm shake out. I'm supposed to be in 7W with my daughter right now but truck problems have us sitting at home. Everything is finally ready now I'm trying to figure out what the conditions actually look like, and if we can even get off the main road. Hell wondering if we can even make it up the main roads? Did you guys really get pounded 24?-40? ??

The following is from the ADOT site as of this morning.

Current closures include:
SR 87 closed from Payson to Winslow.
SR 89A closed from Sedona to the I-17 junction.
SR 260 closed from Camp Verde to SR 87.
US 191 closed north of Morenci to Alpine.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

US 191 is my favorite highway in the state. I remember when it was US 666. When I talk about it to people, I always try to mention it's history with its previous name. Only because I never get an opportunity to have the numbers 666 in a sentence.

Yes, 7W was POUNDED! There have been hunters stuck all over the place. We?ve been running snowmobiles but it's still been really hard with so much snow. I saw a lot of guys heading home last night.

Was up in 5A all weekend and was deep, cold and sloppy. From Camp Verde, we went all the way around through Flagstaff on Friday p.m. to get to the Sunset Mountains. Took us almost 5 hours to get back to Camp Verde that night from the snow starting again around Flag.

260 and 87 opened up Saturday a.m. but couldn't go too many places with the snow so deep. Probably 18 inches everywhere and could only drive in a limited # of FRs.

Sure was pretty, but imagine most elk are heading to the flats these next couple days.

Pulled out a bunch of people, but be safe and be prepared out there! Another round of snow is supposed to hit Wednesday.

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

Headed back to 7w today.

I busted 2 sets of chains last weekend. Lots of bulls on the move if you can get in without getting stuck.

Lots of toyhaulers will be there till spring.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom