November Elk Shed

Torch

LAST EDITED ON Nov-11-06 AT 10:32PM (MST)[p]I was helping out cowslayer on his late season elk hunt and I spotted what looked like the back forks of an elk antler 500 yards across the canyon through my binoculars. I confirmed it was a shed through the spotting scope and I went and picked it up on the way out of the canyon. I couldn't find the other side after looking for awhile, but I'm definitely going to go back up there and see if I can find it!

4556adbb4707697d.jpg

4556ad8d465b4a01.jpg

4556ae874930715c.jpg

Nice find - especially from so far away! You'd think if you could spot one side from 500 yards, that the other side would show up when you got closer...let us know if it shows up.

Good luck in that brush! I walked 40 miles looking for the match to one of my keepers. Found it on the 6th trip!

Time in the hills is always worth more than money

Yea....it's going to be tough to find the other side. It's some thick and steep country. Here is another view. I'm 6'1", so you can use that as a reference.

4557e5bf1e3724aa.jpg

Torch,

Thanks again for all of your help on the hunt. I am still amazed you spotted that from accross the canyon like you did. This is the 2nd time that I have witnessed Torch spot through his optics elk antlers at long distances. It pays to take your time and let your eyes do the walking.

Also thanks for helping me pack this bull off the mountain.

ShaneandI.jpg

CS

My girls and I will be out this next week. We are going up there specifically looking for that other side. If we find it, it's yours.

It's always an adventure!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom