NR antelope advice

regularjoe

First off, please don't hate on me for being an out of stater and wanting to hunt in Wyoming. The last time I hunted in Wyoming was in 1991 with a region G deer tag and I had a blast.
Second, I am just starting my research for an antelope hunt/area in Wyoming for me and my father (age 64). I have no idea about the number of points needed to draw a decent tag or what units are good units. I thought I might be able to get some good recommendations/advice from here.
You all know how great the Utah draw system is (do you hear my sarcasm) and we are locked in (by choice) to chasing a deer tag here. As far as antelope in Utah It currently takes 8 points to be guaranteed a tag for the Cache, North Rich area which I spend a fair amount of time on and would be my area of choice in Utah. With point creep and currently no points for antelope in Utah there is a good chance I may never have an antelope tag.
For those of you who are familiar with that area (Cache, North Rich), I am looking for that type of hunt in Wyoming. For those of you not familiar with it, 14-15 inch bucks are average with a few (1 or 2) "book" bucks on it. It would be nice to be able to draw a tag in the next three years or so if that is possible. Again, at this point I know nothing about antelope areas in Wyoming so if anyone is willing to point me in a good direction I would appreciate it. PM me if you wish.

There have been a lot of people just like you asking this same question. Look back through all the posts, both here on Wy. and on the Sheep Goats Moose and Antelope site. All your questions should be answered. Like has been said before, if they don't all die this winter, come on up and hunt some does, while you continue to try to draw a buck. Do some research on draw odds. Antelope hunting is probably one of the most quality hunts you could have. If you do it later in the season, its like you own the world. You won't see anybody.

A big share of the units in Wyoming have 14" and 15" bucks with a few bigger ones if you have the time to look for them. You can draw a lot of those units with no PPs. If that is all you want, I would start looking back like was mentioned and apply this year. If you are looking to hunt what are some of the better big buck units it's going to take a few years saving up PPs that you should start buying this year.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom