NR Antelope Draw

Kelco

Is it possible to draw a 2nd choice antelope and keep your points. We have 3 nr points but would like to build more points for a better unit. Is there any decent units that can be drawn in a second choice?

LAST EDITED ON May-30-15 AT 10:43AM (MST)[p]First question---Yes, you don't lose your PPs on any animal unless you draw your first choice in Wyoming the way it's set up right now.

Second question---Unless you want to hunt one of the top few units that are always being talked about, which will take many moons before you would ever have enough PPs in the Regular Draw or maybe even in the Special Draw, I would offer this suggestion. Take a look in the odds section on the G&F site and look at good units that can be drawn with your 3PPs right now in the Special Draw. That way you could get in a good hunt this year or next without waiting for years and you could put the money into that special fee that would be used to build up PPs each year and maybe still never get to the PPs you would need. Also, one or two bad winters could put you way behind if the animals get hurt by that or continued drought in some areas that used to be real good. There are a number of decent units that can be drawn as second choice to save your PPs, but it's late in the game with only a couple days until the application deadline to figure it out. Good luck!

LAST EDITED ON May-30-15 AT 12:35PM (MST)[p]Moisture hasn't been a problem the last 2 years...may be worth keeping your points for another year or two to capitalize on that.

If we get a mild winter this coming year and some fall moisture....I would expect better hunting in 2016.

The bucks are looking pretty good this year as well.

No I didn't. I got a list of units for second choice, and I think most are limited by private ground etc. I would take any suggestions.

Like Topgun said, use your points now. There are good hunts that can be drawn with three points, and even more so if you apply for the "special" tag. You don't gain much by waiting. Better to use the points now and begin building them up again for another future hunt. (Just my opinion)

I think that right now is the best time in recent years to get a B&C buck out of a lot of units. Mild winter, great moisture so far this year. I've been working on the road off and on the last 6 weeks and the bucks look really nice across all the areas in the state I've been.

I agree with the others above, don't chase units that take many more points, you likely will never catch up. Find a unit you can draw and hunt, many units offer great hunting.

Very weird that the application period for deer and antelope was supposed to close at midnight last night, but someone at G&F has screwed up and it's still open!

I don't think it was a mistake, I remember seeing something about the deadline be extended on my elk rejection letter.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-03-15 AT 09:16AM (MST)[p]I've had no emails from the G&F or seen anything on the G&F website to say it was being extended and people on other websites have all been surprised to see it still open past the June 1 midnight time it was supposed to close.

RoadlessHunter---Where would you have information to say that the applications for Region G were slow or was that just said as a joke?

They extended it because site crashed at 11:30pm on the 1st. Can't believe so many wait until then to apply!

>They extended it because site crashed
>at 11:30pm on the 1st.
>Can't believe so many wait
>until then to apply!

That us unreal that anyone would wait that long, especially with the NRs having so much longer to apply this year than in the past. Thanks for the clarification on why it was open until last night Jeff!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom