NR Antelope Help

Madmike8659

I have 10PP, I want to hunt the Casper area with my som. He is 14 and I'm trying to get the bug to bite. He took to fishing. In NC it's hard to hunt whitetail and he gets bored. We lost our lease last year when the owner passed. Can anybody help out. Do I need to apply for the higher dollar license? I have applied the past two years and drew zeros both times.

I have 10PP, I want to hunt the Casper area with my som. He is 14 and I'm trying to get the bug to bite. He took to fishing. In NC it's hard to hunt whitetail and he gets bored. We lost our lease last year when the owner passed. Can anybody help out. Do I need to apply for the higher dollar license? I have applied the past two years and drew zeros both times.
Are you splitting points with him, so you will both have 5 points? If you do the regular price his tag is much cheaper as a youth, but odds are worse than the more expensive tag. I would split points and do the cheaper fee and find a place where you can fish as well as hunt. Truck camping or motel? Why Casper?

Are you splitting points with him, so you will both have 5 points? If you do the regular price his tag is much cheaper as a youth, but odds are worse than the more expensive tag. I would split points and do the cheaper fee and find a place where you can fish as well as hunt. Truck camping or motel? Why Casper?
Excellent advice !!! I know about some units in Wyoming, glad to offer my insight/experiences, reason for Casper preference? A couple of my favorite areas are area 63-2 nd season, or 48 too. You’d have access to the Miracle Mile fishing too on the Platte River in area 48. That would get his attention. Motel in reasonable distance too on the Main Highway approx 30 -40 miles away from Miracle Mile. All good roads too. My EM is: [email protected]. Glad to help !
Jerry Gold - Windsor, Con???

63 and 48 have both been hit pretty hard by winter and drought. I know they cut the tags in half for 63 and I think 48 had cuts as well. 73 is just west of Casper. Big unit with a lot of public. Some tag cuts there too but you could probably draw it in the special draw with 5 PP. 32 is southeast of Casper. Not quite as much public but still plenty for a good hunt and you could likely draw that in the regular draw.

Looking for public access, adjacent to food and lodging is the main reason for Casper. I believe I have applied for 32 the last two years reg. draw splitting the PP between us. He loves to fish.

Have you looked at the WGFD Hunt Planner ? The draw odds are on there. 63 (2) and 32 were both 100% with 3 PP in the special draw for '20. Both were 100% with 5 in the reg draw. 73 was a point more than that for both. Probably add a point this year - Maybe add 2 points for 73 and 63 considering tag cuts. In other words you'll need to apply in the special draw for sure and likely in unit 32 if you want to have the best chance to hunt with the requirements that you've mentioned.

Thank you everyone. I have been on this site a long time go thru a couple of jobs, The different email addresses I have lost my history. And unfortunately after sitting at a computer for 8 hours the last thing I want to do is look at one in the evenings. I know it;s been since the eariler 2000's. I met a wonderful hunter from western Wyoming that went by Muddybull. Unfortunately we lost him a while back. Thanks once again.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom